Thursday, May 20, 2010

Ghost Rhythms

The ring leader was missing tonight.
He was not there to beat his drum.
He did not share his gentle smile.
His rhythmic tones set me adrift,
   but no I cannot cry.

My rhythm man did not join the samba.
He did not stamp a conga groove.
He was not part of the percussion.
His agile hands failed to set the mood,
   but no I did not sigh.

Men and women in a circle
all with hearts so pure to share.
Came together with a purpose;
Making music with a flair;
   and yes your spirit still did fly!

Dear, sweet friend
with smooth, pure vibes.
You have raised me up
on days low in faith's  ride.
   I drum for you.

Tonight 
and every night
that the rhythm 
trickles
through chaos' pores
I drum for you.

I cannot walk down life's paths alone
when my friend's heart
 holds quiet
my sodden tears and fears.
I drum for you.


I drum for you,
 to come together.
I drum for me,
to release.
I drum for the world
to make it better
I drum.
I pray.
I drum.
~~~~~

This little jem is from week 18 at Jingle's poet's rally. 
She has it going every week, so you can stop by and check out some of the fantastic poets she has found here. I nominate Megzone for this week as she comes up with something different all the time and makes it work! Thanks for visiting.






8 comments:

  1. nice. i could not help but catch myself parumpabumbum-ing a little. smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katherine,
    you are so very creative...
    the poem carries full energy and full of rich and lovely feelings.

    a job is beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I drum for you,
    to come together.
    I drum for me,
    to release.
    I drum for the world
    to make it better
    I drum.
    I pray.
    I drum.

    love these lines
    make sure others reading you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful poem just simply wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is my absolute favorite of your poems, so vibrant and rich with images and emotion. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just LOVE this. I'm in that circle now swaying, beating my feet, singing, feeling the drums in my marrow.

    beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thank you for visiting all. Thank you so much for your praise Suzi.You are sweet. I am thrilled that I have a few of you swaying to my beats. My drum circle evening helps emotions just trickle into their proper place. A wonderful experience that I encourage anyone to try out.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails