Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tuesday Torrents

I have been having a bit of a mental block recently. I have opened my blog up, looked at it blankly and moved onto checking emails, FB, work, etc. Creativity = nada. zilch, nil, nothing. Last night I did some laps in blogland, hoping that perhaps inspiration would hit me, but around about eleven I gave up and shut the computer down. Done like dinner.

You see my brain has been swarming all over the kid's school and the issues that ensued there last week. I have had well-meaning advice from many parties and have been trying to figure out what direction I should proceed in. I don't think that anything will happen again, but I also think that something should be noted on file somewhere. Of course I also worry about stirring the pot and having myself and my children blacklisted as "problems" in our first week of school at the start of a potentially long stretch of learning there. It makes me antsy, itchy, irritated and stressed. Not where I wanted to be; AT ALL. Too bad though, I have to deal with it or let it go unfettered to the wind. 

sigh...
grumble, grumble, grumble

Maybe I should just go and read my book again tonight. The story "We Need to Talk About Kevin" is not quite uplifting, but it is first up for book club this year. It is an interesting novel about the Mother of a teenager that opens fire at his high school killing several people. She is writing letters to the boys Father and recounting their life leading up to the "incident". Good fodder for anyone feeling bad about not wanting to have children and also makes you feel better about any of your own bad parenting days, but I am not sure if I am going to get a feel-good ending out of it. I will keep you posted.

Oh, and I got my bathroom re-painted and it looks FAB-u-Lous! Still working on ironing my shower curtain (Yeah, you should really know by now that I am not that much of a freak - it is cotton [ie. wrinkly] and there is a vinyl shower curtain between it and the water hence an iron IS necessary. No worries; I do have one & even know how to use it despite my Mother's lack of training in that department. For shame, for shame!). Now the rest of the house is absolutely embarrassing beyond belief with the lack of attention it has received since bath renos began. After I re-attach my banister that T ripped out of the wall on the weekend I promise to see if I can find the vacuum. Maybe I will find the floor or even a cat or two? Who know? For now, my book is calling and I bid you adieu. Be well my minions. Go well.


8 comments:

  1. Oh, how do I empathize? Let me count the ways! :)

    Blogging. And lack of it. Been there, done that. Don't stress on it, your muse will be back again. Be kind to yourself.

    School issues. My big guy almost got kicked out in the first grade. I should tell you about that one day. All parents have issues. You are your kids' advocate and no one else will do it for you. Be a squeaky wheel if you must...you won't get any oil otherwise, I've learned that much!

    Looks like a beer sitting close to your hand in the above pic. I will raise a glass with you in spirit. Be kind to yourself, you've got a lot going on.

    PS - I am now rethinking my interest in joining a book club. Even if that novel is a beautifully crafted piece of art, I just don't think that I could read it. Heavy stuff. Perhaps *too* heavy for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look pretty tough in that pic with those dark sunglasses so i think you will make it...the book sounds rather intriguing...though careful reading while considering your school issues...should it be noted yes and i dont think you would be black listed as long as you take it to the parties and their immediate supervisor. just be open to the outcome. we took a letter to the school logans first year after communication with the teacher became impossible. no black list, but i remind them of that letter every time they move the teacher anywhere my boys might have the opportunity to get her again...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ironing the shower curtain--what a novel idea. But then, I think that ironing my clothes would be a peculiar thing as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Consider it "zee creative pause" from blogging. Love the pic! Just posted a poem about autumn as death, if you want to cheer yourself up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hugs C. I thought of you when the words started to flow. I pulled them out; almost forced them, but as I babble in real life, it seems I am wont to do in the written word as well. My fate...
    cheers to you my friend
    clink

    & it isn't a feel-good book at all. A well written one, but rough topic. The other book I am actively reading is pretty funny. I find myself sniggering & snorting out loud, so I read that to lighten the mood when need be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for that Brian. I think that I am going to carefully craft a letter just so that there is something on file.

    I also decided that we don't really need to push the school bus thing this year. Things seem improved, but I just don't need the stress and worry. I would rather filter more positivity into my day via face-time contact. If that means I can get a quick glance and nod to their teachers on a daily basis and it makes me feel better, then that is what I am going to do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Puh-lease don't pigeon hole me as a fastidious homemaker ironing toilet paper to make it hang just so Timoteo!! I know that I have an iron, but we are hardly on a first name basis after several years of courting. I like to ease into these things and ironing is one of them that you just can't rush (or do too often- I mean ever/never!) Ack, getting hot and mostly bothered just thinking about it. WE shall see how long this little project takes. WE shall see!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Marilynn! I am going to head over right now! Could always do with a giggle, but I am wondering about your into with the chosen topic? Curiousity has got me moving though...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails