Friday, September 24, 2010

The Maytag Repair (Wo)Man

As I rap, clap, tapped on the washer
it just rang, clang, banged back at me.
No foul-mouthed fix,
nor long-sleeved tricks
could charm it back to be.

I push, shove, bumped on the side.
I pull, push, turned on the top.
No water did stream
or so it would seem,
as the lid slipped my fingers and did drop.

My 'driver twist, spin, whirled on the screws
a faceplate lift, wiggle, scraped as I removed
Wires splayed a'plenty
connections tight as any
so what have I done proved?

Not certified, authorized nor qualified
To identify, evaluate, nor repair.
Take away my tool-belt
before I leave a big welt
on confidence that reigns on false airs.

10 comments:

  1. smiles. just think of yourself as the complete package k...maytag repair woman, writer, runway walker...is there anything you cant do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved this!!!!!! you rock!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Picture me standing tall with arms planted firmly on hips I am WOMAN; multi-tasking, cleaning, fixing, hugging, cooking, laughing, crying WOMAN.

    hugs Brian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Debbie. The poem tickled me pretty good, I have to admit. I was not the repair person I aspired to be though, but I gave it the ole college try...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Cindy. Nice to meet you. I did fix the problem, but not the way I originally planned; a new washer is spinning in the basement as I rap, clap, tap on my keyboard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know the feeling. Some things are better left to
    to the experts...not worth the rise in blood pressure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Timoteo, I really should see if I can learn to let go and trust in the experts. Too often I take it all on myself and the kids sneak away quietly hoping to erase images of Mommy muttering and whatnot. Tonight it was fixing the drain stopper in the bathroom. BAAAHHHHHHHH! Too much some days (I fixed that too though) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! and I have so been there. sometimes new IS the only way to go :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks Marilynn. I christened it by doing 5 loads that day and plan on one or two today!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails