Sunday, November 28, 2010

Cleaning Spree

Time to empty shelves.
We discard old
and broken items
that no longer hold love or attention
in hopes that St Nick
will come to offer
shiny new baubles
for our play!

$$$

Yesterday we headed to the mall and spied Santa on his throne. My eldest hid behind me, but little R headed straight for the Big Guy's lap to chat. I figured that made it a good excuse to clean the playroom and thin out the toy shelves down there. Perhaps I will be able to see the floor for a day or two...

Oh, and this little ditty is my entry for the Sunday 160 over at Monkey Man's as well. 
Hope your Sunday was swell!

12 comments:

  1. Mine are teens now, so these days are long gone. Thanks for the memory and for playing along with the Sunday 160.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you play Sunday 160.
    well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, time to clean out! Shrewd observation in 160

    ReplyDelete
  4. We never got away with that. The kids would cry over even a broke toy gone missing and the hubby would hurry to get it back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @liv2write2day; It's got to be done & today was as good as any.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Alice: I tend to get myself good and worked up at the disaster that is our playroom. One of the best ways to get it semi-respectful is to purge. The kids are usually asked to participate & suggest what they don't play with anymore. The tears are usually mine, but the shock is finding the floor at the end of it.
    bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice...yaeh we got to do some of that cleaning out as well...not sure i am looking forward to that as sometimes it is hard for the boys to let go of things....ok, me too. smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yeah, gotta make room for the new... nice 160

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good plan. Even if it only lasts an hour or two (that's my recollection of the playroom days) it's a fine couple of hours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So all it takes is a visit to Santa to get your cleaning motor going? Damn, you're easy! I need elves too.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails