Friday, November 12, 2010

A PA Day in November

At 3:00 PM this afternoon, the temperature went up to 17C (or 62F for my American friends). That was according to the Weather Network in my little corner of SW Ontario. It is mid-November and that has got to be pushing some kind of record (Yup, just checked the Weather again and we haven't seen that temperature on this day since 1964). I remember plenty a day when the world has been covered in white in years past. I know that Ms. C will slap me silly claiming I am jinxing the world, but I am still in a little bit of disbelief. It was just gorgeous with nary a cloud in the sky!

Ancient dinosaur wandering the woods

So rather than sit inside and cook, clean or tackle the never-ending laundry pile, we packed into the van and went a'wandering with friends in tow. It was a PA day for the girls, so a special treat to have such glorious weather to enjoy. We headed to a local park for the girls to play, then explored the forest surrounding it. My idea of a perfect day and these smiles give proof of the fun that we had.


The girls tamed the beast into a ride
Everywhere we went, we found giant stumps that I couldn't help but snap another picture of. The little hams were only too willing to climb up for their photo op.


After the woods were conquered, they ran back to the playground 


for one more round of swinging fun



Before calling it a day,
 noshing on dinner
and climbing into bed
 for sweet, sweet dreams
 of a day spent under a magnificent, clear blue November sky.

11 comments:

  1. a 'lucky' weather break, and a wonderful time had by all your little lovelies -- now I too spied that dinosaur, but he was on a diet it seems a little lean.

    nice post,

    enjoy the rest of the week end..

    joanny

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are great pics of the girls! looks like you had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was truly a gift of a day and we had a blast.

    * As soon as I spied the tree, I had to take a picture Joanny. The kids couldn't resist climbing all over it. Here's wishing you sunshine on the other side of the continent.

    * Pretty sweet day Brian. Out in t-shirts and vests, no less. I am sure the winter coats will be back soon enough, but watching minnows and geese at the pond kept on challenging me to remember what day/month it was. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures!
    We're also having fantastic weather on this side of the ocean whilst the rest of Europe mutters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is how to celebrate a PA day and the unsually warm and soft weather! Love the shots. There's something about candid shots of kids that always always makes me smile. Thank you for sharing them. I'll be grinning all day now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice photos, looks like a great day!

    It wasn't ^quite* that warm in my neck of the woods (and I had to work...boo!), but I know the sitter had the kids out a good part of the day, making the most of the gorgeous sunshine and mild temps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the photos!

    It sounds and looks like you ladies had a super day!

    Funny, because it's been unsually warm here too. In fact, yesterday while I was walking back from grocery shopping I was actually sweating! I think it was in the high 70's and very humid. I know this sounds silly, but I am so looking forward to really cold temps and our first snowfall. I LOVE winter!

    Yeah, I know....I'm a penguin!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. * huh, huh. Sucks to be them, hey Possum :D

    * Yes Talon, the grins lasted all day. We are truly blessed to have such nice weather this time of year. Hope you had a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  9. * Well, make sure you get your dose of vitamin D to help keep your own smile going. Hopefully all the fresh air helped to knock the kids out early, which can give you your own smiles

    ReplyDelete
  10. * Oh Ron, I know that you are a winter lover. And I am pretty sure that you will get your cold weather soon enough. I too don't mind a few snow flakes, but I am loving up the sunshine while it lasts. Grab a shower and get back out there to kick a pile of leaves or two!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely to have such a day!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails