Friday, July 30, 2010

Painfully Painted Strangers

Painfully painted strangers
dance
with hollow laughs 
and guttural grinding of bones
that slake the eternal 
thirst for touch

It hurts
this razor burn
on a fading heart
certain of tears
that fall
on yesterday's hope.

I cannot turn away
from me
and need
that galls my mind
with shame
for a weak soul.

lost;
I am lost
without anchor
or rudder 
to push 
towards solid ground.

All I can do
is hope
that will holds
perhaps one day 
over craving
eyes, hands, soul


5 comments:

  1. i can feel the yearning in your words...the razor burned heart...what a visual...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too was drawn to the same thing that Brian mentioned....

    "the razor burned heart...."

    I could FEEL that visual.

    As usual...beautiful poem, dear lady.

    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...beautiful, my dear, truly. But I think you need a hug...
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet to come home and see comments from my three favourite friends in bloggyland. Hugs and kisses to you Brian, Ron and Corrie.
    I take you hugs to heart my dear (Yeah, that day they would have helped).

    ReplyDelete
  5. hope that everything is okay with you.
    your poetry truly shines!

    http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/2010/08/02/the-celebrate-blogger-awards-plus-prayers-4-viola/

    awards are fun,
    viola lost her husband,
    I lost a general friend,
    all together,
    please visit and give love to them...
    thanks

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails