Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Jingle Dance

drum, drum, drum, drum
drum, drum, drum, drum
BOOM, drum, drum, drum


Earth reverberating
energy rising
listen to the drum beat
BOOM, drum, drum, drum


jingle, jingle, jingle
slide, jingle
shuffle, jingle
shake, jingle
jingle, jingle, jingle

she walks the circle full.
she fills the air sublime
her energy sent out
on tingles bells to mine

the beat it is my heart
my heart goes out to you
you heal the hurt I do not know
beats pow and wow so true.

jingle, jingle, jingle
slide, jingle
shuffle, jingle
shake, jingle
jingle, jingle, jingle

your medicine dance
entrances my soul all
Grandfather's drum owns me.
Tears gather and heed your call


drum, drum, drum, drum
drum, drum, drum, drum
BOOM, drum, drum, drum

Dance for me
dance for the world
jingle tears down cheeks unknown
with honour returned to earth's womb

Hiyaaah huh!


Click here to listen to the jingle and drum of a jingle dance

The energy and power of a pow wow is a pretty amazing thing, even in a smaller setting. If you have never been part of a circle, it is worth a sit down. The other circle I am sitting in on this week is over at One Stop Poetry. There are bound to be a few poets there that will rock your world, so again worth a check out. Peace to you!


17 comments:

  1. lovely piece dancing for the world..very nice...bkm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, that One Stop Poetry site seems the place to hang out these days!!

    And I LOVE your Jingle poem. It captures her energy and grace very well.

    I'm a fan of you both.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to close my eyes and just be part of the beat and the dance. This is so well done.

    Let's Dance at One Shot Wednesday!!!
    Thanks for being here

    moon smiles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm dacing, i'm dancing....i can feel the beat..and the children think i might be a little crazy!!!...thanks for sharing and being part of One Shot..cheers Pete

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that! I totally saw her in my mind. Nice. :)

    -C

    ReplyDelete
  6. you got good rhythm there kk...i could feel the beat and the energy...glad you are in the oneshot tribe again this week...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great how you capture the drum beats in the lines. Thanks for contributing to One Shot Poetry! Glad you're sharing with us. Enjoying your writing. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Jannie, with praise like that you are going to get on heck of a fan from me. Thanks. Of course you already know I am a fan. You should definitely check out one stop though. Awesome group of writers

    ReplyDelete
  9. I appreciate you coming by to dance Leslie. As long as you'll have me I'm sure I'll be there!
    drum on

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love when the children think I'm crazy pete. They usually like me better then! Ha!! And thanks for hosting this week

    ReplyDelete
  11. They have very intricate dresses that look quite heavy. Somehow they seem to just step inside my being and hum. It is quite beautiful C.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am glad you allow me to come and dance along Brian. You always make a great dance partner. I must go check out your offerings today though. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for stopping by Dustus. I can't wait to see what you have up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful piece, my friend!

    I could actually hear the sounds of the drum.

    Never been to a circle, but people I've known who have, have said it's so powerful!

    Happy Wednesday!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can feel the beat - got the rhythm - wanna dance along with you

    ReplyDelete
  16. In its own rhythmic and lively way, this was a very poignant piece...
    Cheers to this earth, and the world... :)
    Really enjoyed this read.. loved the beats!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails