Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Camping Checklist

Calling all campers!
Amble up to the fire lest you
Meet me at the wood pile to chop and work.
Partake in smoky stories
In your best plaid (lumber jacket that is!),
Noting where the wind blows
Great gusts of white rabbit puff tails to smoke you out.


Cheeky coons may eye your stash, so
Hold your marshmallows fast
Even as the 'smores are
Charred and cooked to perfect
Kibble crusts. Resist!
Love that oozing mess
In hair! Oh my, that
Shall be murderous to remove by
Torchlight.Sandy soap will suffice til dawn.


List of Camping Necessities:

  1. marshmallows
  2. matches
  3. flashlights
  4. fire wood
  5. a good attitude to see you through to the end of the trip

9 comments:

  1. This is a whimsical take on an upcoming camping trip I am planning. I have linked up over at a new blog to add to the fun. Check it out! http://oneshotpoetry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. fun stuff...what no sleeping bag or tent...smiles. thanks for linking up to oneshot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The list is actually miles long, but I didn't want to bore you poor readers. I picked up coolers (the liquid kind), mosquito coils, and rope too! How is that for an addition to the checklist. What to do with that? I bet there will be a tent, camp chairs, air mattresses and solid coolers as well, just so's you don't think I rough it that severely :)
    Rhyme on Brian!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute poem, looks like you had a great time..bkm

    ReplyDelete
  5. great fun...got my camping trip coming up in a fortnight..cant wait..kids all excited..yep we are ready for the rains to start in the good old UK..thanks for sharing an i look forward to seeing you back at one Shot next time..cheers Pete

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun! For the ten minutes I thought I might be going, I realized that the list for solo camping was about a quarter of the length of a family trip! Good thing you've got a van... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are SOOOOOOOOO clever!

    LOVE this!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. *Awesome of you to visit BKM. I have to say that I enjoyed toodling around your blog. cheers!
    *Thanks Pete. I hope that it doesn't rain on your camping trip or mine for that matter. Look forward to reading more next week
    *I would imagine that you should be able to pile all your necessities on your back, shouldn't you C? Maybe next year.
    * Thanks for visiting Jingle
    *Ron I love it when you pop by to visit. You just always put a smile on my face. Mwah! Hugs to you. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails