Friday, June 11, 2010

The Walking Man

His face turned to the rising sun. Eyes closed, he soaked in the sun's rays feeling the warmth on his skin. Each breath was savoured; every movement, a blessing. It was a gift.  Every day was a gift. 

He pulled the shirt off his back. Every part of his being reached towards the sky. His feet moved in the direction of the vast ascending orb. It was a glorious day. Blue skies promised life. The shirt dangled forgotten in his loose grasp. Sunshine bounced off his round belly, as he strode along the road way. The passing cars did little to shake the euphoria he felt in this moment. He breathed in the life that fairly vibrated around him. Destination was of no concern. Peace flowed through him and shot in waves off of his gently swaying form. It would be the same tomorrow. 

As I made a wide arc around him, I could not help but smile. His energy was strong and had caught me. Many mornings, I watched as he strode down the street bare-chested. His sight always giving me a smile. I carried this bliss with me into the day. My smiles reverberated to those around me. I could see them and felt them cradle me. Blessed be to the Walking Man. His love of life carries sweet contagious feelers. I turn my face up to the sun, smile and thank the Earth for the day I have been offered again. That sunshine holds life and peace for the Walking Man, myself, and you as well.

10 comments:

  1. that was like a blessing...thank you for the smiles...glad you saw the walking man and could share him with us...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all need to salute the sun each day and be grateful for it is all good. Enjoy this day and be glad in it.

    Lovely words of expression thank you for the delightful reminder.

    Joanny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see him often. Never does he have a shirt on and he just seems so content. I love what he offers me in the smiles I take with me for the day. Blessings to you both. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a FAAAABULOUS share!

    You description of walking man made me smile from ear to ear!

    "His love of life carries sweet contagious feelers"

    Love how you said that.

    Isn't it amazing how life will give us these "blessed moments", if we are simply willing to notice them?

    Thanks for sharing one of those moments with us, dear lady!

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hugs to you Ron. You put a smile on my face every time you visit. You must be a gift to me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. His energy and peace flow as I read your words...what a wonderful image you have painted in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for nakedness and freedom ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. *thanks Murray :)
    *I totally hear you eternally distracted! I think that feeling comfortable enough in your own skin to show off your body is AWESOME! Regardless of shape (my man is solid, but decidedly round). My kids are always running around a la buff and I love it. One day society will drill into them more of a sense of modesty, but I enjoy there beauty and his now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. blessed he is. for a person who brings smile to others lips is certainly blessed :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Peace, love, and happiness are contagious...let's all spread it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails