Sunday, June 20, 2010

Strawberry Fields Forever


   I was going to extol the virtues of spending time in nature with family. Some bleeding heart stuff about activities with kids and how it brings you all closer  together with memories; blah, blah, blah.... I could have even gone further with delightful pictures of the girls and I angelically stirring a bubbling pot of jam on the stove. Yeah, coulda. If I hadn't just spent the last hour scraping that bubbling jam off the top of my flat top cooker. Did you know that jam turns to concrete when cooked in such a way? mmmhhmm, it does. Yup.


   Well, I still have to put out the garbage and maybe take another crack at some of the concrete embedded into the stove. It might just be one of those memory spots, but hey, the floor under the stove got swept and swiffered when I pulled the stove out to wash the f#@%$#^#$@$#!!!! jam off the side of it. I still have the largest basket and one of the smaller baskets to deal with tomorrow. Perhaps I can manage to splatter the ceiling or walls with red droplets of goo that will make me tear my hair asunder and cry like it is the end of the earth. That is another day though. Happy Father's Day.

6 comments:

  1. i really do want to laugh...but i am holding it in, just for you...um, hope all goes well with the concrete. smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm strawberry jam. Hope those last two containers all make it into their jars. No jack-hammer for cleanup this time I hope. Enjoy the fruits of your labours...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a FUNNY, FUNNY post!!!

    "Perhaps I can manage to splatter the ceiling or walls with red droplets of goo that will make me tear my hair asunder and cry like it is the end of the earth."

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That sound likes just like ME!!!

    Great shot of your girls. And the strawberries look delish. I love strawberries!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay yes...caked on strawberry goo totally bites. But homemade strawberry jam?!? Worth every stain, no?

    Mmmmmm....strawberry jam dreams...yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Strawberry jam...yummy! I love the term memory spots...I have many of those in this house, your term makes them endearing rather than messy and annoying! The girls look adorable with their baskets of berries! I loved picking straberries and making my freezer jam this year. Blackberries should be readdy this weekend and then blueberries in about two more. I just love berries, jellies, jams, cobblers, and pies...yes, I love eating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, the girls and I made freezer jam tonight (strawberry blueberry God slobbering GOOODDNNEEEESSSSSSSS!!! - my fav) and after they went to bed I tried my hand at Red, red strawberry jam again. It appears to be thicker and is NOT splattered on every square inch of the kitchen. If I had been truly thinking last night I would have let all the smoke detectors go off in the house and maybe had a date tonight, but I was a little ugly last night. I even froze some strawberries (make good daiquiris!!). Still have probably 4 quarts left though, so more strawberry recipes tomorrow. Strawberry pie, here I come...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails