Friday, September 3, 2010

The Boys are Back


It is just an ordinary day in my world. A Friday. The kids are in bed. I sit on my couch. The dishwasher hums in the background. A friend is coming to join me for the weekend. She will arrive this evening, but right now life is just life. Today has had its ups and downs, same as any other. This song reminded me on so many days that for all the ups and downs that life holds, really it all amounts to a day in passing. It's all your state of mind. 

So today I share a video from one of my favourite bands; Great Big Sea. These boys are from Newfoundland, Canada and are a hell of a lot of fun to see live. I just found out they will be in my home town in a few months for another concert and am sorely tempted to splurge out on tickets again. Anyone want to join me for a night of smiles and bouncing?

6 comments:

  1. they have a rather fun sound to them...get those tickets...and go have fun...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do have fun and a splendid weekend. Take care and say me well to the family...cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ordinary days are often the best! Please visit my page where an award awaits you, in appreciation for all you write.
    http://mairmusic.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wanna come with Brian? It would be a blast! Worthy of a road trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Emmanuel, it is so good to see you friend! I am a little worse for wear from all the fun, but it is worth it. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marilynn, you made my ordinary day a little less ordinary. Thank you for stumblin in. I am honoured by your visit and gifts. Thank you SOO much dear woman.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails