Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Snake Bit Me

I just rolled out of bed. It is noonish.
   yawwnnnn....

Before you punish me with an abusive tirade on my slothfulness, I will add that I had only returned to bed around 10 o'clock. That after a night spent holding long, golden locks out of the line of fire over a toilet bowl. Oh, and also developing a dainty little blister on my thumb from trying to play plumber at 4am. I don't know if it is me that just doesn't have the knack with a snake (or toilet auger as the packaging states) or me that is an idiot to self-diagnose toilet issues, or me with a God complex that thinks she can do anything, that is at fault here. Apparently it doesn't matter, as the one thing I can do is laundry and the pile was quite large this morning. sigh... Full of towels used to mop the floor, splattered rugs and bedskirts and all the sheets off of another bed that was soaked through with pee. That announcement came at 7:30am, after I had finally fallen asleep at 6:30 praying that my daughter would not wake and splatter me with ... ugh never mind

So I am tired and wondering why the world seems to be pushing me so hard. I am not a plumber or doctor, roofer or general contractor (other issues that need tending to in my house- don't ask). It seems that I am being asked to step up to the plate to decide what I want to be though. My daughter will recover from her night of woe, but my money tree is quaking in fear as I tally the expenditures that are all imminent. I think that I might have to break down and push myself harder than I would like right about now. The world is pushing for action. An honest to goodness full-time job has been something I have been trying to avoid, but I feel that I have lost my battle. 

house 3 - Mama 0

damn

=============================================

P.S. Over a quick beer with my neighbour to get the run-down on which plants my girls need to water while she is away, I was reminded of the fact that another neighbour is a retired plumber. Oh. Yeah. Right. And another is a contractor. Really? Hunh. It looks like I shall be wandering the neighbourhood this weekend with a cooler full of adult bevereages and blank cheques inquiring if anyone has a moment to help a friend in need...

4 comments:

  1. My Feet

    My feet, my feet,
    I love my feet.
    I think they're great,
    I think they're neat.
    They're pretty, pink,
    and picturesque.
    They look so perfect
    on my desk.
    Unfortunately,
    sad to tell,
    they also have
    a funny smell.
    So though I'm fast,
    and though I'm fleet,
    and though at sports
    I can't be beat,
    no team will pick
    me to compete,
    because they always
    smell defeat.

    --Kenn Nesbitt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for that oh anonymous friend! You gave me a giggle and smile. I needed that.

    Now, do you know the name of a good roofer? or contractor?
    and are you on your way with a coffee for me? I take it regular

    ReplyDelete
  3. just read your email as well...ack. hope the little un feels better and you get some rest...sometimes life backs up like that hittingyou all at once...thoughts for you today...

    b

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear. Oh DEAR.

    Sure, the score might be 3-0 now, but don't give up...!!

    Hugs...
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails