Monday, August 30, 2010

Summertime

Summer Time

The last few days have been a wonderful break.
Company brought an excursion to the beach
where we encountered soft sand, feathered friends

waves, sailing ships

swimming and sunning to our hearts content.

 I love not feeling like I have to do anything
be anywhere, or worry about what life holds next.
It is all left behind
as the hot sand sears away all responsibilities
and worries of tomorrow.

I wonder what I would do if I lived there
with the beach outside my window
and the waves beckoning day and night
would I still love it?

Of course!
As I would always have stuff like this to come home to
that would drive me right back out again.

Anyone up for the beach again tomorrow?

6 comments:

  1. smiles. when we lived in FL we were 30 minutes off the beach...we went often but i would have thought we would have gone more...i do like the roar and rhythm of the surf though...and sand between the toes does have a way of helping you forget a lot of other things you could or maybe should be doing...smiles. happy monday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a super fun post!

    Loved that last photo - HA!

    "I wonder what I would do if I lived there
    with the beach outside my window
    and the waves beckoning day and night
    would I still love it?

    Of course!"

    Yes you would, because I use to live next to the beach in Florida and I was there almost every day!

    Thanks for sharing your summer, dear lady. I can tell you've enjoyed every single minute!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Monday right back at you Brian! Yeah, I love to live in the moment and the moments spent listening to the surf are by far my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There has been a lot of pretty decent memories to be wrought from the summer that was Ron. I am a water baby and my moments that I have been lucky enough to snatch lake/river side are always tops in my books. As for the last pic, well that is another story for another day. Soon, I will have photos to show off of my new and improved bathroom, but at present I am not quite there. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol that sounds like lot of fun, and you are right it is hard to come back for something like renovations, but I am sure this will be done soon, right??? Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Anna.
    ugh you are SO right. The beach is one of my favourite places to be for sure. This weekend I will be sticking close to home until the renos are complete though. Fingers crossed Saturday, or maybe Sunday. End in sight though!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails