Friday, August 13, 2010

Friday Foggy Fuzzy Thoughts

Just about ready to crawl into bed. NO, I lie. I am ready. A cat is snoring away beside me and I wonder why I am not doing the same as of yet. I was up late doing some editing on some writing that I have been plugging away at and hope to turn into a book one day. I love the process, but wish that I could just sit and write, write, write while the words are flowing until I am done. Unfortunately, things like the clock ticking past 1am and the knowledge that two little girls will crawl into bed with me in the AM regardless of what time I go to bed, stops the flow. Then I need to find my muse and mo again. Not tonight though. Both cats are in. I finally returned a call to my sister and should get up in the morning for a potential play date that may or may not materialize. Hopefully my mind will co-operate and just fall asleep instead of swirling around images of what a working world looks like and how I can coordinate it. 

Not even going to go there.  Before retiring for the evening I am going to share some of my recent Becky Home-ecky moments. Here are the fruits of my labours from last week. On the left is some of the batch of sweet pickles I recently made and the right is a one of the jars of dill pickles that is ear-marked for a friend of mine that loved my garlic dills from last year. Put in your orders folks! The corn is tempting me to try my hand at corn relish. The peaches beg to be concocted into an array of yumminess from Peach Amaretto Butter (last year's was delicious but more like syrup- great on pancakes), to peach jam or maybe even peach pickles? Hmm... Must go to sleep. I can dream of my canner and smile.


P.S. This probably wasn't worth the effort of popping by today and I apologize for that, but I will try harder again later. Peace out...
zzzzzz..........

7 comments:

  1. It's always a delight stop by and see what you share.

    Always enjoyed!

    Ooooo...and what I wouldn't give for one of those delish-looking pickles and a nice big juicy hamburger with lettuce, tomato, and ketchup!

    Yummy!

    Hope you're enjoying a beautiful weekend, dear lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ron, you can grab some of the tomatoes from the garden too! My little pot of mesclun mix might not be worthwhile as lettuce any more, but oh well.

    And Brian, the floor was mopped, but milk has been spilled on it twice since then :( I did pick up some corn today at a farmer's market, plus a few peaches. The canner was quiet today, but tomorrow I should be rocking again. Gotta buy more jars! Ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/2010/08/15/poetry-awards-4thursday-poets-rally-week-26-plus-more/

    Week 26 awards,
    have fun!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did you say we could get our order in?!? Looks GOOD! :)

    Got your email, but I've been away for the weekend...will read and comment soon! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahah! another pickle maker! It is that time of year and here's a shot of mine from last year:
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_i94DSo_G3Fk/Sn9BKP-IvcI/AAAAAAAABr8/1TT48kYcBOA/s1600-h/August2009+029.jpg
    Happy pickle making to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, yours looked yummy too kathew! I used homegrown garlic and added the florets to a few jars. Last year's batch my eldest wouldn't eat, as they were too garlicky for her, so some jars are without the flowers this year. Thanks for stopping in!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails