Friday, August 20, 2010

The End of Your Song

Tears stream,
nay in yesterday's dream,
but drizzle fair
given memory's care.
 I walked this path before...

I need no help
to see your face,
yet wordsmith's gift
took me back to that place.
  This path took me right to your door...

Bedside horrors.
Unbelieving strife.
It wasn't supposed to be like this!
This shouldn't be my life!
   The door thrown open once more...

Words lost between ethers.
Throat dry in the chaos.
My pleading eyes
leave no room for lies
    Propped open to dramas of undone life ...

They turn away their shoulders
intent not to stare at my loss
lest it find ways to their doors.
I mute and dumb, crumble as shock kicks in
     Undone by the end of your song...

4 comments:

  1. whew. powerful stuff today k...undone by the end of your song...i do believe you are undoing me at this point...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Brian...

    Powerful stuff. And also beautifully raw!

    Thank you for sharing, my friend!

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree too .... very emotional and heartfelt.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails