Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Beauty Makeover

floor
uneven, cracked
shifting, crumbling, breaking
needing to be repaired
Disappointment


bathroom
messy, fractured
heaving, popping, cracking
one way to fix the floor
tile-less

renovation
necessary, timely
removing, replacing, resealing
hope to get more than three years
gratitude

serenity
placid, unfazed
screwing, sizing, skim-coating
all part of a beauty renewal
master bath floor
~

Here is a little Cinquain poem for the good people at One Shot about a bathroom repair job going on amidst the rest of life's little intricacies. It is dedicated to the Tile Guy (aka Murray)! He heard my shout out for help around the house and showed up with a contractor hat on. Mwah! The best; you are the best!! Hopefully I can post some pics of  a brand new floor before I know it. Enjoy and Happy Wednesday! 

6 comments:

  1. yay! nice form and nothing like a little house make over to brighten the days...nice oneshot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will brighten my days eventually; not today

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a cool form and hope all goes well with the renovations. Like how you view it as a "beauty renewal." Soon it will brighten your day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. excellent..hope the home repairs make your house sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, my roof is done, but after four layers have been removed I still sit with a fairly empty bathroom. By next weekend I am hoping to have a bathroom back, but right now I can just dream. Thanks for popping by Adam and Suzi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. V.cool-- formal poetry from home repair-- you are a wonder, girl!
    http://mairmusic.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails