Thursday, June 3, 2010

Stoep in Rain


Here is my attempt at concrete poetry from many moons ago. I thought it was quite clever at the time. I share it here as an addition to my African tale, as it was written in Port St Johns, South Africa. I  will also include it over at Jingle's to see if anyone appreciates my whimsy at Jingle's Poet's Rally. I will transliterate below;

Green, leafy
STOEP in RAIN.
Pine tree Sprinkled
with moisture
D
   O
      W
          N
at the 
Beach.
Grey clouds
Sque tears ezing
on
ME.
Wet F o o t p r i n t s
Trace 
THE PATH
2
The Toilet Bowl

I spent a lot of time thinking and creativity came back to me a spell while in this tranquil locale. I would suggest it in a heart beat for anyone wishing to travel in a quiet kind of way with nature on your doorstep and all around. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails