Thursday, May 6, 2010

A Stream

I love your song.
Sing to me. The trickling tune is magic.
I am mesmerized by your look,
   your sound.

You hold joy and tears
and memories I know
and do not know.
   Run on forever.

The sky fills with white puffs of cloud
slowly dancing down to your surface.
In slow motion, they descend
   And surround you and I.

I am at peace with you.
You are serenity
and more.
   The clouds know it and so do I.

We must all watch as the sun disappears.
The frogs give serenade,
but you continue your song;
   a lullaby for time.

With a star signalling night
I depart from your song,
but hold it in my heart, as a dream.
   My touch with a feeling I can never name.

I love you song.
Good night
clear and gentle stream
   of my life.

~~~
This is a poem revisited for Jingles Poet's Rally. May nature touch your soul and glow.

10 comments:

  1. When you talk like a conversation, it is very enlightening to read...I walk and talk the way you do here in the poem...

    passionate and animated poem!
    beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this..especially the last line!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so beautiful ..... especially these lines...

    "The sky fills with white puffs of cloud
    slowly dancing down to your surface.
    In slow motion, they descend
    And surround you and I."

    amazingly good ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. some really great imagery in this one...i could walk by the stream for hours...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your delightful appreciations. A stream is where I go when I need to spend some time with myself. Closest thing I can call to a meditation and renewal for soul.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. There is something incredibly soothing about sitting by a body of running water and just listening and thinking. Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't agree more suzicate. I could sit with you or wander with Brian or Jingle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really cool. I love the message.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very sweet and lovely poem of nature. Makes me feel very peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. great message..lovely poem :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails