Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Weather Forecast

storm rattles windows
fat flakes freeze across my face
no shadows for spring?

}{ }{ }{

Tomorrow is Groundhog day. That means that Wiarton Willie is supposed to come out of his hole and look around. If he sees his shadow, he is supposed to scurry back into his hole and hibernate, leading us to six more weeks of winter. With no shadow, conceivably he should be more comfortable and therefore stick around to check out the outside world. The ordained meaning of this is that spring is right around the corner.

Well, checking out weather reports that are flying across radio airwaves, as well as other forms of media information, I suspect that dear Willie will not be leaving his hole at all. With Blizzard warnings in effect and 25-35cm of snow forecasted, Willie's hole is going to be buried pretty deep. A toasty warm burrow is where I will be hunkered in tomorrow, but I will listen to see what Willie has to say. 

What think you? Is there any end in sight to this Winter?


11 comments:

  1. Just what you need - more snow! You guys have suffered enough this winter! No, poor Willie is out of luck this year. I wonder if he'll even to bother to climb out? Or do they yank him out? I can never remember. Either way, no easy end to this year's winter it seems...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Talon: "no easy end to this year's winter it seems..."

    Doubtful Talon. What's another 30cm though? Only 12 inches -Pah! Of course they have already cancelled schools across the region and are advising people to work from home if at all possible. With kids home, I won't get much work done, but maybe a snow family will emerge on the lawn?

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Wiarton Willie"? That's much cuter than our Punxsutawney Phil (who for some odd reason also goes by "Pete"), also be looking for his shadow tomorrow. Let's hope it's overcast for all groundhogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @PattiKen: "Let's hope it's overcast for all groundhogs"

    Fingers crossed! I checked out the weather in your part of the world and it would appear we are in for a fun ride over the next few hours/days.

    sigh...

    COME ON WILLIE! LET'S GO PETE! Send winter on its way already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I was thinking the same thing - that guy would be smart to keep buried in his hole

    ReplyDelete
  6. Long winter months can really be boring..
    What Winter Sport are You?
    http://www.3smartcubes.com/pages/tests/winter_sports/winter_sports_instructions.asp

    ReplyDelete
  7. i dunno...been raining all day here...i got a feeling we are in for some more this year..

    ReplyDelete
  8. No, I don't think there is any end in sight to this winter. It's been raining here all day, but the forecast says it will turn into snow/ice later this week.

    I don't think people realize that Feb, March, and even April can be very cold and wintery.

    I know this sounds strange but I LOVE winter.

    Yeah, aren't I sick?

    Have a faaaaaabulous day, Katherine!

    Stay warm and cozy...X

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, the big blizzard that ravaged the US and caused school closures across the region pretty much danced around my city. I woke to nothing; a dusting really. It is snowing now, but certainly not the 25-35cm forecast.

    BUT, according to dear Willie and Phil spring is on the way! Fingers crossed, but I am not sure if I believe them this year. You don't have to worry in CA Moonie, and your rain bodes well for you Brian, but I am pretty doubtful here.

    OH, and thanks for stopping by John!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You Canadians and your cm.'s...hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  11. @G-man: Ok, so we got about a FOOT of snow. And I just came in from shovelling my drive, an elderly neighbours and digging/pushing out a stuck delivery truck. That shit is heavy!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails