Wednesday, February 16, 2011

survive

Wednesday.
Esoteric music plays in my ear.
A child has a hard time settling.
(Remember that in the morning when she does not want to rise)
Breathe. Be.
Sigh...

fingers let the trembling of the drum fade out of them
a hurting soul soaked in our healing rhythms.
well, more than one.
but one with pain writ in eyes, skin
and tremor that only those that know
can see.

Beats continue to heal me, but
most days I am strong enough to give back.
tonight's hurts were for the physical pain of new visitor
the emotional strain of a caregiver,
and another,
and another...

My offerings are of love
compassion that flows from pores
and sparkles with tender remembrances.
I taste their strain
and wish to blow those days
away on wings of tomorrow's sunrise

Away
on wings of a journey spent
A path trod rough and broken
with tertiary gardens askance
sown with bitter tears
of love's tragedy.

A new day,
new sunrise
sprinkled with dust
from fairy's hopeful wand
and filled life of dry gardens
with new, unbeknownst, yet mystical flowers

Spring blooms
on seeds of belief
and life's delight
as my dark night,
dim determinations and
stubborn blossoms survive


*I linked in to the very tale end of One Show Wednesday 
& think I just might throw in a link to Imperfect Prose

12 comments:

  1. Thank heavens for stubborn blossoms. This was lovely, Katherine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. spring is almost here...bloom little flower, bloom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Katherine!

    I especially loved this part.....

    "A new day,
    new sunrise
    sprinkled with dust
    from fairy's hopeful wand
    and filled life of dry gardens
    with new, unbeknownst, yet mystical flowers"

    Happy Thursday, my friend!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear friends, Talon, Me, Brian and Ron. You are all dear, and help to water my garden of life. Truly you do. Hugs to you all. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is truly beautiful, you have illumined the daily struggle of things yet to come and be with tenderness and compassion.

    Joanny

    I also hooked up to both in the last moment. Such is life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Joanny: Thanks Joanny. And yes, such is life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. such beautiful, heartfelt words. love the hope of a new day, of spring blossoms... and i'm curious about africa?

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Patty: Thank you Patty. Hope is what keeps me going.

    And if you are curious about Africa, just give a click on the map on the side. The smaller picture has a link to a story that is long in the telling, but fun in the journey. The gist of it is, I travelled through Africa a few years back and I have been weaving the tale of my journey in these pages here. Every Monday I have a new addition to the tale. I checked the other day andI started my tale a year ago this month. Feel free to jump in, read some back issues or peruse the whole thing.

    Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The path may be rough and broken but always room for new life. You have a lovely hint of hope here

    Thanks for the One Shot

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh... such a tender, whimsical write... i'm so glad you linked, friend. what love, wound in these words, in your heart... i hope you'll link again. xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Moondustwriter: There's a lot more hope in my heart these days Leslie. Thanks for visiting.

    @Emily: Thank you Emily. I just might :) You have a fine community that you are building at imperfect prose.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails