Thursday, March 11, 2010

Spring is in the air...

   The windows are opened to let in the tentative days of spring. Lunch has been eaten outdoors twice this week and the barbeque has come alive in even-time. Patches of snow still spot the yard, but more soggy grass is evident every day. While I long to shout "Spring has sprung!" from the rooftops and garden beds, I wait. It is still early March after all. My cautious Canadian brain wags its finger at me, forewarning a spring squall or two to come. Planting season is still eons off, as the rule of thumb is not to plant til May 2-4. Temptation is strong though in my pale green fingers. Discussions of spring cleanup in yards gave animation to talk over lunch. Oh yes! It is coming. One friend added to the list of additional places to get my hands dirty gives me a giddy grin. How many additional gardens can I reach my hand into this year? For today though I make do with the delicate breeze wrought from the Earth's tilt to the sun. Craning our necks we all reach for it. I don't have shorts unpacked just yet, and cannot quite bring myself to put away the winter jacket, but it is coming. Oh yes, Spring is in the air...

2 comments:

  1. Geez, you would *shudder* to see the mess I make of my garden. No, actually you would probably cry! My thumbs are most decidedly NOT green, as much as I wish they might be. The garden and I are at constant odds...it never does what I want it to! It's full of nasty periwinkle vines that choke out everything I try to plant...urgh, it stresses me out just thinking about it! I love the nice weather, but gardening is not a joy to me, I'm afraid!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just going to pretend I didn't hear that. Lala laaaa... ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails