Monday, March 29, 2010

Welcome to the Sugar Bush

   With the crispness in the air, but sunshine on my shoulder I decided it was time. A lazy start to the day, but I committed myself. I was  going. And you know what? I am glad I went. A road trip was in order. I do not know why I am sometimes so difficult to pry from the confines of my space. I love to get out and socialize, but when theory gets pushed to practice, I feel myself balk. I shirk thoughts and want to slide back underneath my rock. Not this weekend though. In fact, I only committed to one night, but stayed a whole nother evening. To be fair, a little bit of me expected that I might do that and I brought extra clothes just in case. As it was, it would have been almost midnight before hitting home, if I had left when the original thought went out. With two kids in tow? Silly ole bear. Tricks are for treating, not playing on oneself!

   So I stocked up on fresh air from Central Ontario (3 hour tour away). I gathered hugs and smiles from friends that I can call mine from decades past. Twas needed by all parties, to be sure. I thought of you as the hours ticked by and I realized that I would not join you for our daily visits. I twisted, but then relaxed into the company of friends. Earth hour was upon us and candle light by the fire is a pretty hard vision to run from. Yes, real life interaction is grand on occasion. To make amends, I will treat you with a few pics from my wanders though. We spent Saturday at the sugar bush collecting sap with buckets and fingers, then watching it boil down into syrup. Yum!







Alas alack-a-day eh.
I am back another day.
I shall try not to stray
too far away
from you again my lovelies...
After all the fresh air,
wood fires and
sugar scented scenes

Can you blame me?

6 comments:

  1. So I wasn't the only one who missed you, huh? ;)

    So I know who you were visiting, and where...which would have put you less than an hour away from me. I know how these spur-of-the-moment things go (okay, who am I kidding? I don't do *anything* spur of the moment...but I'm familiar with the concept, lol!)...wish you had called me. I would have loved to see you.

    Next time?
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that I say
    that I will not stray,
    I fear I might have lied again.

    Next week is Spring break South of the border. That means another road trip for me. Not as far this time, but T.O. beckons for my Southern Gal and we thought we would play tourist in the province's capital. As I will be half-way there for Eastery dinner, I will probably take up space at my sister's from Sat-Wed or as long as she will keep me. Perhaps a gathering can be planned sometime then C? We shall have to talk my lady. And yes I thought of you as I drove back down the 400. We shall talk...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...possibilities here, my friend. Would love to see you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my God, I think I just fell in love. Ha Ha. You're a Jewel.

    "We spent Saturday at the sugar bush collecting sap with buckets and fingers, then watching it boil down into syrup."

    Is there really anything more that needs be said?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would make my job that much easier, if all I had to do was post a picture with a line. Of course you have to get just the right line. I guess that is why we fill the page with words. Some of them have to be good, right? But seriously, I love your support and bet I could easily fall for you if you were a hint closer Mr Cabo;) Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like a wonderful day actually...we missed the maple festival this year and collecting the sap...i love the outdoors though and to end it with a fire...ahh...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails