Saturday, November 26, 2011

Saturday's Email of the Week: First Dates

Saturday's Email of the Week

Its Saturday. And I feel like torturing myself today, so am going to share some of what I got up to last night. You see, I went on a date yesterday. Ooooh aaaaah! I know - wow. pffft

Well, I fussed about what to wear. I donned makeup & even let my girls dictate that I wear lipstick. I own the stuff, but have to admit that it doesn't get a lot of "face time". Har, har, bad pun. If you know me though, it just usually doesn't happen. But last night, you better believe it did! Oh, and I even put on a pair of pantyhose. For my dear gentlemen readers, I am pretty sure you designed the crazy things, as they are really quite the uncomfortable item, if you have to wear them for any period of time. Sure they help to aid as a tummy tuck if necessary or hide less than smooth legs, but really! Anyway, thank God I noticed that I had a run in them when I got home. I am sure I could have laughed through that at the time, but once home they were Off & then GONE! But, I must note that I did opt for them for the affair.

So we set a date, picked a location to meet and right off the hop, the location wouldn't work. You see date night has to work around my kids, first and foremost. I had arranged for them to be at a gymnastics outing that was a 3hr affair, therefore I had time constraints. The first restaurant of choice required reservations or a time slot that didn't work with my child are arrangements. Damn, this dating stuff is hard work! But the crux of the story is that this my friends was a first date. In fact, my first date in a good long time. And you know what? It was darn awkward! Lord, I felt weird. Essentially it was a blind date, so we had to try and get through the " Hi, nice to meet you" phase. shake hands here. Then what to order and what to talk about and ...

yeah, it was just weird. But I can now lay claim to a first date. And no, there was no mad passionate kiss that swooped me off my feet at the end of it, in case you were wondering. Suggestions were made to chat again, but I am wondering about that whole spark factor. Bah! I wish there was an easier way. Anyone on here single? Got any single friends in the Canada region? Kind of a big place, being the 2nd biggest country in the world and all, but I have been known to go on a road trip or two. So what have I learned from all this?





6 comments:

  1. you have learned that awkward dates make foo blog fodder...smiles...and that you were ok no matter how it turned out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...I so hear you on this one, Katherine, because I feel the same way about first dates - they're so awkward. Which, btw, I haven't gone on one in YEARS.

    So I applaude you for getting through that 'first date' because now it will be easier for the next.

    "but I am wondering about that whole spark factor."

    Yeah, I always wonder about that too. However, I have met people who at first there was not really a 'spark factor' but more of a 'comfortable factor' which seemed easier because I didn't feel any pressure. I just felt relaxed and natural. I find that sometimes the 'spark factor' is short-lived.

    Looking forward to hear how this transpires, my friend!

    Enjoy your weekend.....X

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's good news and bad news about this. The good news is that it gets easier. Truly. Second dates are much easier. And second dates lead to third dates. Ususlly, by then it's just plain fun.

    The bad news is that there's no other way to get to the fun of future dates except through that dreaded first date.

    When I was a single mom, I traveled through many first dates. The last one? We've shared a lot of great dates now. I married him. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Brian: They do indeed Brian! We'll see how the next one goes!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Ron: Ron! You need to get out there too my friend! Remember that psychic that said the new love was headed your way next year? How are you going to find them from the comfort of your couch!!! (I am so talking to me right now too!)

    Thank you for the support my friend
    (((Ron)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. @PattiKen: I want to kiss you right now Patti! Thank you so much for that awesome pep talk. It is good to hear that a) they get easier & b) they could even potentially lead somewhere!

    I am feeling like I can potentially breathe a little easier now that the dreaded 1st date is behind me. Fingers crossed that as this process goes on, it will be easier, smoother and lots of fun!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails