Friday, November 11, 2011

Lest We Forget


They fought for our freedom
They gave us their lives
Their families fall weeping
I’ve a tear in my eye

I stand by the cenotaph
Brace cold in the wind
Think of the trenches
Where they hunkered in

The least I can offer
Is this little pin
To say thanks for fighting
Pray never again

~~~
Lest we forget...

This is my tribute to all the brave men and women who put their lives on the line in the name of our freedom.
I offer it up for G-Man's Flash Friday as well.

Thank you



5 comments:

  1. Amen Kat...
    God bless all Veterans.
    Beautiful tribute 55
    Thanks for playing, and have a Kick Ass Week-End

    ReplyDelete
  2. smiles...than you for honoring and remembering them...nice 55 k

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tribute, Katherine!

    And yes, lest we forget.

    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Brian: It is the least that I can do.

    @Ron: Thank you Ron.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails