Monday, October 31, 2011

A Phone Call Home


The day dawned on my first full day in Swakopmund. I was anxious to get in contact with relatives back home, so found a phone as soon as I could. I hadn’t spoken with anyone for over two months, plus had not been very good with my written communication either. All I had sent them was the pictures of me and Nimesh, when I was dressed up in the full regalia of a sari and accoutrements back in Dar es Salaam. For all they knew, the pictures could have been my wedding photos. My Mother had worried about that from the day I left, as that would have matched my father’s tale of leaving home, never to return for having fallen in love on the road. While that was not the case here, they didn’t know that. And as for me, they couldn’t get in touch with me either, as I was constantly on the move.

So now I was eager for their voices and any news to catch up on. I rang through to Canada and joyfully heard my sister’s voice on the other end.  Sadly, my resulting phone call left my spirits far from high.


*****

And as it is Halloween night, that is all you get tonight. Hope you had lots of spooks visit you this evening! Boo!!!!

9 comments:

  1. Awwwww! How can you leave us hanging like this?!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what?!?! smiles. ok....

    we only had 4 visit this year...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you little bugger you!

    How dare you leave us hanging!!!

    OMG...you HAVE to conclude this story sometime this week or I won't sleep - HA!

    Great suspense, my friend!

    Hope you had a faaaaaaabulous Halloween!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Me: Sorry my friend, but my sugar levels were crashing! I should be able to give you a little more next time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Brian: You only had 4 groups? Geez, you and Corrie should have pooled your resources, as she had 11 kids at her place. I never really know how many kids I have, as I leave a bowl out for kids to help themselves to, but it was empty by the end of the night & I don't think it was from the 1st kid dumping it into their bag.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Ron: The next segment will be longer (but harder to write I suspect). I just didn't have enough time, what with following my kiddies around as they screamed for treats around the neighbourhood. Patience my friend. :)
    (((Ron)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tease. Good way to get us coming back for more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Having those travelling flashbacks again Kat?

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Monkey Man: That's the plan Keith! :)

    @G-Man: What? Aren't I in Kansas anymore Toto? Toto? Toto!

    Oh shit, the world just spins away from me sometimes Galen.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails