Sunday, April 3, 2011

Speed Posted - SLOW

Monotone of wiper song
Swish, swish,
Swish

Ping, pling
of icy pellets bouncing
their lax suggestions

Jarred back
by tires aloft
ditchside
that ceased spinning
as I passed
~

I made it home in one piece from a weekend jaunt to Michigan. The drive home was not fun though. The speed was slow and there were constant reminders in the ditch that slow was the speed to go.  Chilling. I would rather grip the wheel a little tighter for a little longer, than sail spinning wheels through the air in the slush that filled the world and slicked the highways today. The OPP and Michigan Highway Patrol were earning their pay cheques on this sloppy day, pulling people from stuck vehicles galore. I do not relish them their jobs, but am glad that they were making some poor folks days a little better. They deserve accolades on this miserable, wet Sunday.  I am grateful that I am home and get to wish you a Happy Sunday 160. May you all be safe and snug for another day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails