Monday, October 25, 2010

The very bad, no good, terrible day

The very bad, no good, terrible day
started yesterday
with meetings delayed
or thrown aside (I'm afraid)

No time to cancel the poor
babysitter's tour
with my babe's that adore
her infectious crafts (always more!)

a book not read
when I finally laid my head
to pillow for rest
you will finish! (my brain requests)

tomorrow dawned bleary
and my sighs made me teary
but the coffee was put on
and rain gear was planned to don

the house was left in a flurry
(we are always in a hurry)
but our efforts were for naught
as the bus had left (my curses fought)

My children begged to follow
- the will to fight was hollow
The field trip could be saved,
but our trek slowed on roads unpaved.

A pee break made us miss
the wagon ride of bliss
so I surrendered to fate
giving that we were too late.

Turned the van back to construction row
a new path we would go.
For apples we would look
and at the sand hill I finished the book!

Now to bed I fly
as I can barely lift an eye
I hope for a new day to be
more graceful for you and me...

6 comments:

  1. Ah, HATE it when the putti rain down annoying nuisances washing out our would-be parades. Sleep tight-- tomorrow is another day that has just got to be better :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only good thing about those days is that they eventually end.

    Have a super stellar fabulous day tomorrow. And sweetest of dreams tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tomorrow will definitely be better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. smiles...wow that had a vapid pace to it...hope you get some rest tonight...

    ReplyDelete
  5. * I went straight to bed Marilynn. Couldn't fight it anymore

    * Whatever dreams I did have disappeared with the alarm's buzz this morning Talon. The gray world of today isn't inspiring greatness today so far, but I gave some e-hugs to a friend today that is having a worse day than me, so that is an improvement. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. * I got to stop for coffee with my journal after dropping kids at school, so that proves auspicious kathew. Thanks.

    * The day seemed to unravel of its own accord and I just tried to catch its flow Brian. Hoping to hunker down and get some writing in today while the wind blows cobwebs away.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails