Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Fairy Child




I was peeking in my garden,
looking for them there.
Were they behind the mushrooms three?
Could I catch them unaware?















I inhaled the 
breath of springtime.
Gazed on daffodils 
joyous in season's prime















but my heart's desire
was to catch a sight
of the secretive garden fairies 
in full fanciful flight.


Anon, I doth ne'er fear
that tomorrow's morn
I will seek in the clear
and hope that mine quest 
is not clothed all forlorn
to spy my childhood 
wing'ed friends;
the fairy child
in my garden beds.


5 comments:

  1. thanks for stopping by my blog whcih led me here. Your poetry is nice...love fairies! Enjoyed the pics. I do not have a green thumb so I generally grow perennials. I took pics this weekend, and regretted that I'd missed the hyancinths and daffodils, but I did get the lovely iris' and azaleas and lots of other things that I couldn't begin to recall the names of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can borrow Haley's fairy catching kit anytime you need to! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails