Tuesday, April 27, 2010

time is no waste

A book calls.
My mind stews.
The bath heats.
   Good.
Ice cubes clinking.
   Also good.

I am angry at the injustices
   that are pushed upon the world
Me, friends, family and foes
   We are all pushed by the should be, should do,
should have been, could have done...

All we have is today.
This moment in time,
   that we have
that we offer to share with the world.
Those pure moments of us that we share with another,
   is that not the most precious thing to give,
      to be?

Am I wrong? What else can we offer another,
    but ourselves?
There is nothing more.
Everything else is mine
for me
Alone.

I offer me with love.
If I do not want to give me I will not.
I am precious and not worth wasting.
I am not worth wasting
Neither are YOU!
neither are you...


time is no waste
life is gifts given wrapped in the paper of experience
cherish

5 comments:

  1. Lovely. And yes, you ARE precious...
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely lovely and very true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks all. I was just trying to say that we are all worthy. Whatever we have done or not done, at the end of the day we exist and darn it all if there are not redeeming qualities there somewhere. For EVERYONE! I hate how so many, myself included, just do not rate themselves good enough. It bothers me even More when other people think that you are not good enough. That is a pressure that no one has the right to put upon another person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a beautiful poem. Very powerful indeed! It is so important to remember each moment is there for a reason. You are an amazing strong woman!!

    :)Lisa

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails