Saturday, October 8, 2011

Saturday's Email of the Week: Happy (Canadian) Thanksgiving!

Saturday's Email of the Week
Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends! I am sure you aren't surprised to learn that I am travelling this weekend because of it. The joys of having relatives spread all over the place. We are looking forward to a warm and sunny weekend  here(mid-20s in Celsius- not sure the translation for F, but thinking in the 80s). I have thrown off the shackles of work and am about to put on my walking shoes. The woods are calling! My sister and I are about to embark on an adventure with all the kids, collecting leaves, pine cones, acorns and more for a Thanksgiving centerpiece for dinner tomorrow. Therefore I have to fly, before I get yelled at!

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend and enjoy the fine weather. I leave you with a little humour to go out into your weekend with. Peace!


Sitting on the side of the highway waiting to catch speeding drivers, a  Police Officer sees a car puttering along at 22 KPH.

Says he to himself: "This driver is just as dangerous as a speeder!"
         So he turns on his lights and pulls the driver over.
  Approaching the car, he notices that there are five old  ladies, two in the  front seat and three in the  back...wide eyed and white as ghosts.
 
The driver, obviously confused, says to him "Officer, I don't understand, I was doing exactly the speed limit! What seems to be the problem?"
 
"Ma'am," the officer replies, "you weren't speeding, but you should  know that  driving slower than
 the speed limit can also be a danger to other   drivers."
 
"Slower than the speed  limit? No sir, I was doing the speed limit  exactly...twenty-two kilometers an hour!"...the  old woman says a bit proudly. 
 
The Police officer, trying to contain a chuckle explains to her that 22 is the highway number, not the speed limit.
 
A bit embarrassed, the woman grins and thanks the officer for pointing out her error.
 
"But before I let you go, Ma'am, I have to ask...Is everyone in this car OK? These women seem awfully shaken, and they haven't made a peep this whole time," the officer asks.
 
"Oh, they'll be all right in a minute officer. We just got off Highway189."

5 comments:

  1. HAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHA!

    FABULOUS Saturday's Email Of The Week, Katherine!!! What a HOOT!

    Wishing you, and your family and friends a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

    Have wonderful time this weekend, my friend!

    And enjoy the weather!

    Peace.

    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great humor! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha...wow now that is a bit fast...smiles. have a great thanksgiving friend...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ron: Can't you just picture it?! Definitely a funny one. As far as Thanksgiving goes, I am still stuffed. We had awesome weather all weekend though, so NOT complaining. Hope you had a nice weekend yourself Ron. Hugs

    @Stranger: Thanks! :) Need me my giggles most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Brian: A wee bit, hey?! And I wish I hadn't had to eat portions for you and Monkey Man, as I am still feeling stuffed! The homemade pie was to die for though! yum!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails