Monday, July 11, 2011

The Morning After

Lazily I stretched and cracked my eyes open to the day. An unfamiliar room greeted me, but that wasn’t surprising considering I rested my head in a different spot most nights. A warmth in the bed beside me reminded me that today was different though. I was not alone. A twinge of apprehension filled me, as I peeked at my companion. Neale breathed heavily beside me. He was apparently still asleep. 

“Wasn’t this jumping the gun a little,” I wondered to myself. “Maybe I should just leave before an awkward moment steals in to disrupt this cozy atmosphere.

With a pang of regret, I slowly eased my leg towards the edge of the bed. Just as I thought I was free, and beginning to wonder how I could go about quietly finding my things and leaving without waking my sleeping companion, a strong arm reached out and drew me back.  I was pulled into Neale’s warm body and a gentle kiss planted on my bare shoulder. Blissfully, I melted back into the bed. With a sigh, I cuddled into Neale’s chest and closed my eyes again.

“Morning,” he said.

“Good morning, “ I replied, as I opened my eyes to look into his brilliant green pools.

How could these joyful thoughts be a bad thing? I was the happiest that I had been in months. Neale’s generous grin filled my heart and more.

“Thinking of going somewhere, Beautiful?” he asked teasingly.

“Not anymore,” I said with a  smile. Not on your life. 

I was quite happy to stay like that forever. 

13 comments:

  1. well now...this trip seems to be heating up a bit...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Stranger: Guess you might have seen that coming, but isn't romance such a sweet, sweet thing?

    googly eyed sigh

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Me: Didn't think I would go away for that long and stay a celibate princess the whole time did you? A girl's got urges, ahem. And he worked that smile like no one else. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes!!! I was so hoping this story would take a turn for the passionate. More please.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @PattiKen: Woohoo! I love your reaction Patti! The next section is written and ready to go. You ask and I shall deliver. Mwah! Thank YOU Patti!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a nice scene, such a beautiful final thought.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Linc: Thanks Linc. You certainly don't come across moments like that every day. Hard not to want to freeze time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's because we dont come across moments like that every day that we yearn for them...in fact we just dont come across moments like that ENOUGH...and we should.
    Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Possum: You are so sweet to say that Possum. I could do with a moment like that any time around now, but I take solace in the fact that I was lucky enough to have it at least once in a lifetime. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails