Saturday, May 28, 2011

Saturday's Email of the Week: When I am Rich

Saturday's Email of the Week
If it would ever stop raining here then maybe the lawn mowers could roll back out into the yard again. The grass is certainly happily growing, but soggy is the best way to describe my world this week. Sunshine is forecast for the day though, so I shall plan to soak up those rays this weekend (in between my children's busy social calendar - 2 birthday parties this weekend!)

Wishing you sunshine in your part of the world!

***

Turf Rolls on the Rock ...

Two Newfies were waiting at the bus stop when a truck went past loaded up with rolls of turf. 
Jimmy said, Im gonna do dat when I win da lottery.
 
What's dat den? asks Mikey.
 
Send me lawn away to be mowed."
====================================================

10 comments:

  1. haha...funny...wish i could send mine away...just cut it 2 days ago and already with the rain seems like it needs it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That actually did make me laugh out loud! Very cute -- thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY funny!!
    We're also having more rain than usual here at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like we may nice green summer again.
    The sun will come, it has a way to balance itself on the end. Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that would be a good plan. Here's hoping you see some sunshine soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. here's to sunnier days!
    ps we fired our lawn years ago; best decision we ever made!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm...you could always just get a couple of goats. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, for starters, I am bummed that I lost my image! Man, and it was perfect for the joke. Oh well, I assume that all you lovely people pictures a flat bed whizzing down the road with rolls of sod on it easy enough.

    @uhooi: Thanks for stopping in uhooi!

    @Brian: Yeah, I was going to cut mine this weekend, but the ground is too wet. Everything is squishy around these parts.

    @Mijayami: I am glad, as you could use the giggles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Possum: Glad I can provide some guffaws to all my water-logged friends.

    @LivingInAurora.ca: You are right Anna. I do appreciate all the greenery about too, but we are finding mushrooms in our lawn right now. Eep!

    @Pattiken: The sun did peek out off and on both Saturday & Sunday, but rain keeps barging back in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Kathe W.: Oh, aren't you smart! I have lots of other things in amongst the blades of grass too; dandelions, creeping charlie, plaintain, clover, moss, plus miscellaneous other unknown weedy bits. Makes for a pretty smorgasbord of greens :)

    @Me: Hmmm, I wonder if I could get away with that? I know that chickens are amongst the banned pets, but maybe a goat? Research day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails