Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Forever Young


How did I get here?
this day, today
filled with running, 
tasks, responsibilities
that I never dreamed, imagined
or ever really wanted.

these hands cannot
will not
dare not
(& I don't really want them to)
but they run...

Time past makes me want to cry though.

forever young
laughing curled into
a dark cave
ready to screw the world
and ourselves in the process

but we had each other
and that was more
than I had
in years before,
and some since

So, do I really want to live forever?
forever young?
testing, trying, proving, lying...
My answer,
no



but this song always takes me back to when I did...

9 comments:

  1. Ahhhh. I read your comments and then I came here. Perfect continuity!

    Love it, my friend. You know, I love my memories, but I wouldn't go back for anything. Do I wish to be forever young? Nope! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. smiles. yes it does...those were care free days...talk dirty to me by poison takes me there as well..

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Me: My thoughts exactly. Thanks for the inspirations C. :)

    @Brian: Oh Brian, I am picturing you throwing a long rocker mane back and forth all over the place while you play air guitar. Not sure if that is a good thing or not. HA! teasing.

    But those memories can be a sweet thing at times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. now should always be the best going back is always edited favourably or not to suit! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. @kez: We should all certainly strive for now to be the best Kerry!

    @Mama Zen: Isn't it great that we don't have to go back MZ? We have been there, done that, hopefully learned from it & moved on. Sayonara!

    ReplyDelete
  6. katherine! You really let it rip in this, and I LOVE it!! So much gusto and passion, screwing each other and the world and such, whoohoo.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree...to be forever young is something I thought of but say not for me.
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Jannie: Ha, thanks Jannie

    @Reggie: Yes, it is a dream of youth, but not for those who have seen a moon or two.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails