Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Nothing Says I Love You Like...

Nothing Says I Love You Like A Skull Ornament


I have to preface this post today. I hang out with some interesting people. Some wonderfully, loving, artistic folks, that sometimes have a slightly skewed bent to them. ahem, a little of the macabre, if you will. Yes, they create cute little kitty cats, bunnies, fairies, and a whimsical moose or two, but their newest venture has a decidedly darker humour to it. I don't always understand it, but I have to love it. Please check out the BooGirls Etsy shop and show some love to these unique artists who have created and hand-painted all these metal ornaments just in time for Christmas.

Love
dark eyes
twirling in a miasma of 
twisted thoughts

wishing,
waiting for the punishing,
sweet tantalizingly
torturous words
to wrench themselves
from my lips

"I love you"

only to spin headlong
into another world
of questions,
feelings bigger than 
one's own world
can fathom 

defeat
nothing says i love you
like a skull
~

I have also linked up with my friends at One Shot again this week for their weekly One Stop Poetry gig. Write on my friends, write on...

13 comments:

  1. err...lol. is that why they keep saying i am thick skulled? smiles. nice one shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any poem that has the word Miasma in it is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nifty One Shot... and I'm totally jealous of your Very Own Button from Jannie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. * I have never said that Brian! Ha

    * Thanks G-Man!

    * Playing with my photo prompt Eric. Isn't that Jannie a doll?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so you give a skull to your favorite Bonehead? hahah love this post! Must go over now and shop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are cute in a dead thing kind of way I guess! Ha!! Thanks Kathew

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those "tortuous words" hmmm
    glad I'm real flesh and I'm not tortured

    great stuff

    We would love to invite you to submit to our competition. Unfortunately it ends this Friday.
    Theme:Through a Childs Eyes

    Moon smiles

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed it so much... thanks for sharing...the words, " Words wrench themselves from my lips - I love you" caught me by surprise.. with the punch that they carried....


    ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Om Namah Shivaya
    Twitter: @VerseEveryDay
    Blog: http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. first had to look up what "miasma" is...this is quite a "skewed" poem (had to look up this as well...oh my) but somehow very congenial anyway...nice one shot

    ReplyDelete
  10. * Thanks for the reminder Leslie. I am glad you aren't "tortured" by my prose this week moonduster!

    * Thank you so much Shashi. I was kind of running with the fear we sometimes have of letting people into our lives. In love we give oneself over entirely though when we offer our hearts.

    * I double-checked the meaning myself Claudia, just to make sure it was what I wanted. I like the ominous feel to it. Seemed to work with the lovely theme I fashioned myself. I know you have a much rosier view on love, but I think there is a place for both :) Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice flow to the whole piece..the questions and then the ending....nice and clever read...bkm

    ReplyDelete
  12. Indelible picture/word choices. Effective work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. * Thank bkm

    * I appreciate you stopping by and admiring Steve. Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails