Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Summer Fun



The rag-taggle days of summer are
filled with joy and smiles




With meandering trips 
and sun-tinged dips


we've enjoyed the life 
thus far



Memories
and moments
are captured full
and often
on the fly


How can one
but possibly 
choose
any other season
to ally?


Aye, forsooth
these lazy days
are rampant
and addictive

but comes the day
when play must away
and to writing again
I'll be captive

so just for today
I welcome the delay
and raise cheers 
to summer-time 
fun


tomorrow will rise
with responsibilities
I do surmise
but for now
I live for the sun





6 comments:

  1. summer fun...hard to believe school starts back in 3 weeks...where did it go...looks like you been having fun though....some great pics too....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Brian: And even harder to believe that August is almost over & I haven't had the time to visit my poor blog! My bad!!!!

      Obviously, the fun has taken precedence, but I have been missing my blog peeps. Hope you are well Brian!

      Delete
  2. Katherine, what a beautiful post!

    Great photos and words you shared!

    I especially enjoyed the second photo down of the sun-sparkles off the water!

    It's funny because this is the first summer I've really enjoyed in such a long time. As you know, I'm not normally a summer person, but this year it's been different. I actually hate to see it end.

    Enjoy the rest of your summer, my friend!

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Ron: I took a tonne of photos that day trying to catch those sparkles Ron. They just needed to be captured & I was thrilled that I could manage it.

      As I am sure you can guess, summer has been good enough to keep me away from my dear blog, but I hope to be able to return to some kind of routine again in the Fall.

      Long live summer (til the school bell rings)!

      Delete
  3. Kat...?
    A foot shot?
    (smiles to himself)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @G-Man: I thought of you when I picked that photo G. :)

      Delete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails