Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Late Summer Days

Twirling and dancing,
I've 
skipped through summer. 
Laughter and smiles 
leading all the way.

From eastern excursions,
to 
miles west of home
it seemed perfection
graced all my days.


sand between my toes
sunshine on my shoulders fair
silence drowned the dawn



but dare I blink 
and spy this dream
fading into dusk
as autumn crowns 
the harvest morn
and 
toil resumes its thrust.





one cannot e'er lie
idle sleeping all their days
wake to life once more

4 comments:

  1. stinks to see summer come to a close...glad you had such a great summer k....

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Brian: It does Brian, but I have to admit that a little routine thrown in again wouldn't be such a bad thing.

    Be well my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have truly enjoyed this summer, perhaps more so than any other summer in the past few years. So I can't help but feel a bit sad that it will be ending soon. My god, it seems to have flown by this year!

    However, I adore Fall, so I am looking forward to the change.

    Enjoy the rest of your summer, my friend.

    Great words and photos!

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Ron: I so hear you Ron. Time has flown on the winds of the road. It will be good to park & return to routine, but I will miss the idle days we have enjoyed this summer.

      Delete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails