Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A Spring Breeze

A warm wind kisses 
the crab apple tree
shaking off the winter-
pinched memories.


I smile in the sunshine,
loose hair in the breeze
An awakening of new days
that are sure to please.


Old friends return
to spruce up a nest
cooing in the morning,
as their name doth suggest


Tiny sprigs of newness
Little signs of life.
If I look hard enough
everywhere tis rife


Now behold, I spy a mirror
and in it, mine own eyes.
They sparkle with a mystery
Rebirth, I cry surprised!


Floating on a moon beam
Dancing through the dawn
I'm dreaming of a fresh start
Fie old devils, begone!


I wrap myself in lover's threads
sustained on potions sweet
This spring I find a lease on life
a gift from time to entreat.

4 comments:

  1. sigh...love the scene and the happiness k....enjoy your spring

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Brian: Temperatures into double digits here today and I am tickled pink my friend. Can't help but loving the world on a day like today. :)

      Delete
  2. Reading this is getting me so excited for the Spring season...

    "Now behold, I spy a mirror
    and in it, mine own eyes.
    They sparkle with a mystery
    Rebirth, I cry surprised!"

    That's what I love about this time of the year....rebirth!

    Beautiful poem, my friend. I can hear the joy, happiness, and love in the energy of your words!

    Happy Spring!

    ((((( You ))))))

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Ron: I can't wait to see the buds burst and the spring bulbs pushing through the dirt! It is a magnificent time to be alive.

      Happy Spring to you too Ron!

      Delete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails