Friday, March 30, 2012

Counting Up, Counting Down

Well, well, well. Twould seem that there is some mischief afoot in the blogosphere. My dear friend "Me" has tagged me in a little game of quizzes, compliments of her friend Bubba. And surprise, surprise (to me anyway) I rose to the challenge and answered all her questions pretty quick. The harder part will be coming up with some new questions for the poor saps that I pick on to play along in the shenanigans, but I'll work on that.

So here are the rules of engagement;

The requirements for taking part:
  1. You must post these rules
  2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post
  3. Create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged
  4. Tag eleven people with a link to your post
  5. Let them know you tagged them
Drum roll please, as I roll out my answers....

1. Did you have an imaginary friend when you were a kid?  Details, please!
Umm, nope. Spent all my time with a nose in a book. They were my friends.

2.  Ever seen a ghost?  Met a psychic?  Had a prophetic dream?  Just about everyone, even if you don't really believe, has had some sort of supernatural experience.  What's one of yours?
That is worthy of a whole blog post I suspect. I am hoping that my dream from last week wasn't prophetic, but there have been moments when I wonder. While I have never had a Demi moment with Patrick, my hubby has made his presence known on more than one occasion.


3. What is your biggest addiction?
That is sadly too easy to answer - social media. I work, play and learn all day, every day

4. What do you want to be when you grow up?
ME! And a writer. ;-)


5. What was the last concert you went to?
Iron & Wine in the fall with none other than the lady that tagged me "Me"


6. What was the last movie you watched?
That one is harder, unless you count kids movies. Watched "Shrek 2"  and "Finding Nemo" over Friday night pizza with my kids tonight. And caught "Soylent Green" for the first time about a month ago. It's People!!

7.  Beatles or Stones?  Why?
Ok, I suspect I will get yelled at for either answer, but I just don't care. I probably would have picked the Sex Pistols from that generation or maybe the Mamas & the Papas. I am just kind of lame that way, but could sing along with most songs from either band aforementioned in a pinch, I bet.


8. If you could be invisible for twenty-four hours, what would you do?
I think I have been invisible before. It is called not seeing others. I lived in that state for the better part of a year. It wasn't much fun. I much prefer the company of those that love me, surrounding me with occasional moments of alone time to balance life off.

9. You're on death row.  What do you request for your last meal?
Got to be lobster, with sides of king crag, scallops, shrimp, mussels and any other seafood you come across. Yum!

10. We all have a few regrets in life.  What's the number one thing you regret NOT doing?
Although I really wouldn't change it, I would love to know how my life would have turned out if I had gone to Egypt during my African Adventure. Hmm, dreamin...


11. You ran off and joined the circus.  What's your act?
Probably a clown, but maybe I would be the scantily clad lady holding a hula hoop for the lions to jump through?!


Taa-daa, I did it! Now the harder part of coming up with questions. Hmm...

  1. You are all grown up now and can look back on the days of your youth fondly. What did you like best about your hometown?

  2. Time to shake off the rose-coloured glasses. What did you like least?

  3. Where is your favourite place to go now?

  4. Which location makes you cringe at the thought of approaching it?

  5. Who would you take with you take with you to #3? Why?

  6. If you have to go there, who would you want to accompany you to the worst place in the world?

  7. I am thinking of a colour. What is it?

  8. Not very good at this are you? How about you just share what your favourite colour is then :)

  9. Have you ever been in love? How did you really know? How did it make you feel?

  10. You are sitting fireside around a campfire singalong. What song do you request and/or play?

  11. Dare I ask about a bucket list? Whether you have one or not, what secret dream have you always held onto & do you think you will ever make it happen?
Well now, I managed to come up with a few questions of my own somehow. Cool! Now for the last part of this cursed task that has been sitting in my draft folder for far too long - to find people to include in the fun;

I would be interested to see what Ron, Shelley, Possum, Stranger, Mijayami, Me, Brian, PattiKen, G-Man, Monkey Man and YOU might come up with, but realize that some of these good folks have already played or just don't have the time. And as I am often in the time-constrained boat myself, I completely get it. Really, that's fine too, as me tossing out names has more to do with me being curious and caring about their two cents worth (might have to up that to a nickle I guess, as the penny has now been made defunct in Canada). Regardless, if you have the inclination to join in or throw an answer or two into your comment, I would be thrilled. If not, have a great weekend folks! I love you anyway!!

10 comments:

  1. i am sure they would be very happy lions...smiles....books were my friend as well...hope you have a great weekend k

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Brian: With a book in hand you will always have a friend Brian. :)

      Delete
  2. LOVED reading your answers to the questions, Katherine!

    "3. What is your biggest addiction?
    That is sadly too easy to answer - social media. I work, play and learn all day, every day."

    Meeeeeeeeee too! This is why I'm so glad I don't have a cell phone with Internet access, because I would be on it all day at work, I know I would!

    Happy weekend, my friend!

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Ron: Me too Ron! Every time I pick up a new piece of the web, I get tangled horribly! Have a super week my friend!

      Delete
  3. I was wondering why I started feeling all twitchy...

    4. The dentist, hands down!

    It was fun reading your answers, Kat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @PattiKen: We were at the dentist last week, but I don't mind him that much. My dentist is pretty down-to-earth and approachable (plus I have good teeth!). Hope you are well Patti!
      xo

      Delete
  4. Awww...thanks for playing! I'm not sure I should pick up the challenge, though. Because then I'd just tag you again, and then you'd tag me...and we'd end up asking each other questions until we got too old and senile to remember what we were supposed to be doing. Plus, I called "no tag-backs", so tagging me like that is sort of a violation of meme-rules, lol! ;)

    But, just because I'm a good sport, let's see...

    1. My family connection, we're long-time residents.
    2. It grew into something that was too far away from its roots.
    3. Bed.
    4. Work.
    5. Hahaha...I should have read ahead, I might have changed my answer to #3. Umm...I'll plead the fifth. ;)
    6. Wow, that's a tough question. I guess I'd say nobody. Because if it's that bad, I wouldn't want someone else to suffer along with me.
    7. Red, because it looks great on you.
    8. My favourite colour is blue. Not very original, but there you have it. I'm thinking of a deep blue, towards indigo, if you want to get a little more specific.
    9. Yes. When your heart hurts to contemplate the loss, that's when you know.
    10. I have managed to learn bits of several songs on the guitar, but nothing near close to a complete song. I dropped out of lessons and strum around for fun. Hopefully there is someone more talented around this campfire than I. That being the case, I would be happy with just about anything they chose to play.
    11. I wrote about that once, a whole damn blog post, actually. So i won't bother rehashing here. Maybe one day I'll knock a few more things off. So far, all I managed was the tattoo.

    So there you have it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Me: and that is why I love you so much. You just made my morning Ms C. And of course you knew the answer to #7 (my fav colour too) :)

      xoxo

      Delete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails