Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Eyes in the Mirror

Look into the mirror.
Look.
Do you know what you are looking at?
Do you know what you are looking for?
  If you dare, stare into the eyes that stare back at you
Can you do that?

I ask me.

Deep, deep into pools of yesterday
Deep, deep into soul
  deep into me

I have looked and seen
   failure
     mistakes
        guilt

I have looked away

tears sliding down dark cheeks
too many demons there
no eyes
just memory

Today a woman stares back at me
some days she is familiar
she smiles
she is pretty.

some days I wonder how she can be there at all
How did she not float away?
ride on a wave of grief
out of the world,
off the edge of the mirror
into someone else's memory.
How?
Indeed.

And yet this morning I got up
and she was there
every day she is there
Phenomenal
yes.
she is there.

1 comment:

  1. You look at yourself through the eyes of a troubled soul and you are conflicted over what you see. I look at you through the eyes of a loving heart and you are beautiful!! Love yourself unreservedly and you too will see beauty looking back at you - always.

    Thank you for allowing me to bask in your sunshine yesterday.

    Hope you enjoy the Yoga today. Greetings to all. Love to Gail.

    Randolph

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails