Saturday, January 7, 2012

Saturday's Email of the Week: With Gratitude...

Saturday's Email of the Week
The holidays have come and as of Monday will be gone again. They certainly shook up schedules, routines and the like while they were brewing and playing out. That is how it is though and I guess I wouldn't change it. So while this week more poetry flowed out of me than has in a while, work related prose was limited. That included my trips to Africa. Hmm, I sense a link. I guess we need to pay the bills somehow though, so what will be, will be. Monday and a return to schedules will happen soon enough.

In the mean time, baking, presents, cheerful time spent with friends and family has left me tightly in Christmas Land and far from Africa. For that I am a little sad, but tomorrow is always a new day. With my African tale almost at a close, I wonder whether I should just finish it off solo, saving the ending for you folks for the hard copy when it comes out or continue through my last few days on the continent with you safely stowed in my dufflebag. Hardly fair, especially for those of you who have been with me from when I sat waiting for the call. And really, without you this tale might not have seen fruition at all, if not for your steady encouragement. That is truth and if nothing else comes from this writing experience here in this online sphere, I thank you all who stop by here regularly, on occasion or just at random. I am at the culmination of a lifelong dream and you helped to make it possible. On my own, this book would have made it to page 12 or 21 at best. Whether you have read every page or not, you dear folks have been along the bumpy trail of almost 200 pages now. In fact, once pictures are added and proper page breaks are tucked in place, I am pretty sure this little adventure memoir will actually be a sale-able length. Again, I question whether I could have done this myself and knowing my track record with stick-to-it-iveness, somehow doubt it. Bless you all. I am truly grateful.

As it is Saturday, and I believe I have missed a few of them over the last couple of weeks, I am going to dig through my inbox and see if there is anything worthwhile to share with you folks today. Give me a second...

...
...
...

Well, as I seem to be all about gratitude and reflection today, how about this feel-good one about Feng Shui. It came from my Mother and could have been deleted without even reading more than the first line, but I actually took the time to scan, then read through them all. You certainly don't have to read them, but you might find one or two that resonate with you that you can take into the rest of your day. Regardless, thank you for being a part of my life today.
Peace,
Katherine

Feng Shui



ONE.  Give  people more than they expect and do it  cheerfully.

TWO.  
Marry  a man/woman you love to talk to. As you get  older, their conversational skills will be as  important as any other. 
THREE.  Don't  believe all you hear, spend all you have or  sleep all you want. 
FOUR.  When  you say, 'I love you,' mean  it.  
FIVE...  
When  you say, 'I'm sorry,' look the person in the  eye.. 
SIX.  
Be  engaged at least six months before you get  married. 
SEVEN.  
Believe  in love at first  sight.  
EIGHT.  
Never  laugh at anyone's dreams. People who don't have  dreams don't have much.  
NINE...  
Love  deeply and passionately. You might get hurt but  it's the only way to live life completely.  
TEN..  
In  disagreements, fight fairly. No name calling.  
ELEVEN.
  Don't  judge people by their  relatives.  
TWELVE.  Talk  slowly but think  quickly.  
THIRTEEN. When  someone asks you a question you don't want to  answer, smile and ask, 'Why do you want to  know?' 
FOURTEEN.  Remember  that great love and great achievements involve  great risk. 
FIFTEEN.  Say  'bless you' when you hear someone sneeze.  
SIXTEEN.  
When  you lose, don't lose the  lesson.  
SEVENTEEN.  
Remember  the three R's: Respect for self; Respect for  others; and Responsibility for all your actions.  
EIGHTEEN.  
Don't  let a little dispute injure a great friendship.  
NINETEEN.  When  you realize you've made a mistake, take  immediate steps to correct  it.  
TWENTY. Smile when picking up the phone.  The caller will hear it in your voice  
TWENTY-  ONE. Spend  some time alone.

8 comments:

  1. nice...i like your feng shui rules...smiles...and so happy for you on seeing this through to the end of your tale...and for seeing it in print too....way cool...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Brian: Well, its not in print yet, but that will be the next challenge. Thanks for being my #1 supporter all the way through Brian. You know that yours was definitely one of the faces I had in my mind, as I was writing this. :)

    (((Brian)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this list of feng shu rules, Katherine!

    There are MORE than I few I needed to hear and apply to my life, so thank you for sharing them.

    Aw shucks, I hate to see your Africa story end because I have SO enjoyed reading every single word of it. But like with any GREAT book, you always hate to get to that final page. I do hope you're share the ending here with us, but if you decided not to I will understand. I'll just buy the book when it comes out in print!

    Thank you for all that share here, my friend.

    It's very appreciated and enjoyed!

    Have a great rest of your weekend......X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the rules. All good ones to live by. Glad you continued writing the Africa Story, Katherine. To see it in print would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post is a perfect example of why I am so grateful to have found you out here in my blog "neighborhood," Kat. You are a wonderful writer, and I know that one of the new days to come will bring you the success you deserve.

    But even more, you are a good friend and an inspiration. You enrich my life, and I thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Talon: I am really hoping that I can make it happen Talon. But to know that I actually sat down and wrote the whole thing is amazing enough in itself, if nothing else. It is published and all my reviewers thus far have given it rave reviews (ie. you, Brian, Ron, etc.), so what can a girl ask!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Patti: You have quite possibly just made my year Patti. Comments (and love) like that is what has helped me more than I ever would have imagined. Bless you so much you dear woman.

    (((Patti)))

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails