Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Touch me


Touch me
and I melt into a thousand tears
That tear a heart like razor blades
Asunder -
again

Forgotten feelings flood
Through this tough veneer
Varnished by solitary moments
So proud of strength
In empty eyes yet
Crack
-ed

Fairy tale dreams
Of love and lust
My confused likes
that still
devastate

This state of mind
Mine to torture
What once was pure
Of thought, deed
or at least that
Is what I care
to believe

Nay, today
I play the game.
Toss smiles in the hat
Bat pretty eyes
and feed my soul
To the devil
Anew

Arrivederci

Thanks for the drink,
sweetheart …

4 comments:

  1. ah i hope that when the time is right, your fairy tale comes true k...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this, Kat. I have been there way too often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Pattiken: I am glad you popped by today Patti. I feel like you reaching out is that hug that means a little more today.

    (((Patti)))

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails