Saturday, January 21, 2012

Saturday's Email of the Week: Beautiful People

Saturday's Email of the Week
Someone sent me this clip, asking if I felt it was true. For those of you unfamiliar with Elisabeth Kübler-Ross, she is considered the expert on grief studies and set the standard on the five stages of grief (in case you are curious, they are denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance. You don't necessarily go through all of them, but you might get hit with waves from any of them at any stage of your grief). I have read a lot of grief books and have come across her and her theories more than once. She has merit in her thoughts, but her rigid stages have been debated.

While I had not read this quote before, I thought I would share it with you today. What do you think? Do you have to suffer, struggle or battle strife to transform your soul into a beautiful thing? I can recognize some of these traits in myself, but was it due to my struggles or was it in me before? Can't anyone have a compassionate soul? I like to think I was compassionate before my grief journey, but was it ingrained in my soul early due to the loss of my father at an early age? I know that I get swarmed by children on the playground, as soon as I am spied. Is that because these young humans see my gentle soul and can't help but respond to it?

Well, I just might ponder this a little more on my road trip this afternoon, but I am curious what you think. Would you care to weigh in?

Thoughts?



6 comments:

  1. excellent quote...and how true...happy saturday k...hope you are having a bit of fun...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Brian: Thank you Mr Beautiful person. Working on fun. :)

      Delete
  2. I too have read SEVERAL of Elisabeth Kübler-Ross's books and have also renting videos of her speaking.

    And I like and respect her theory concerning grieving.

    LOVE this quote, and I agree that those who have known loss, suffering, defeat, and have struggled to find their way out of the depths, probably do have a deeper sense of compassion for others. But I also think that some people are simply born that way and DO just happen.

    For me though, it wasn't until I had several experiences with loss, defeat, and various life challenges, did I FULLY begin to experience humbleness. And humbleness, gave me more compassion for others.

    GREAT post, my friend!

    BRAVA!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ron: "For me though, it wasn't until I had several experiences with loss, defeat, and various life challenges, did I FULLY begin to experience humbleness. And humbleness, gave me more compassion for others."

    Love you for this Ron. I believe that people that find their way through to the other side of their suffering often have an appreciation for life that reflects their journey. The journey certainly leaves its permanent marks and creates a strength in self that is hard to find in other avenues.

    But I also think that all the people that walk on your journey with you through your darkest days inspire you to give the best of yourself to others when you can. I know I could not have made my journey alone, and the people that helped me the most were the ones that had walked similar paths. I aspire to be half the person those souls were for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe it's called empathy ...some are born with it others have to experience things to feel it ...I have nominated you for a Versatile Blogger award. Will drop you the link when I have finished the page LOL via twitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Kez: You are correct indeed Kerry. It is amazing how many people don't have a clue when it comes to empathy, but sometimes equally surprising to see the people who do.

      And I am thrilled that you thought of me! Look forward to seeing what you have for me! :)

      Delete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails