Saturday, July 9, 2011

Saturday's Email of the Week: Good Canadian Fun

Saturday's Email of the Week

I totally wish that I had received this email last week to share with you for Canada day! This week's email/video came from my Mother. I know that she is a fan of comics and I have seen her bust a gut watching this guy before. Russell Peters is an hilarious Canadian comic hailing from just down the road from me in Brampton. While Peters has since relocated to LA, he still comes home to hang with his Canadian friends and family that helped to start him on his path to fame. And what is his path to fame paved with - jokes poking fun at every ethnic group under the sun. While he often pokes fun at his Indian heritage, the video today ribs his good ole Canadian peeps. No doubt, eh! 

Enjoy and Happy Saturday!


5 comments:

  1. I LOVE Russell Peters!! Thanks for posting :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...nice...the only canadian i knew growing up was dudley dooright

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Mijayami: Too good not to post. :)

    @Brian: What!!!! Have you never seen Kids in the hall or SCTV? What about Chong from cheech & chong. And I bet you have seen William Shatner on TV once or twice. Not to mention Superman's love interest was a good Canadian girl. Yup, Lois Lane aka Margot Kidder hails from Canadian soil. Heck, I even found out that Fay Wray (from King Kong fame) was Canadian. I didn't know that! Nuff said though. Us Canadians are supposed to be quiet and reserved types right. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This guy is new to me, but I'm very aware of talented and awesome Canadians are. Kids in the Hall was the best. Wasn't you can't do that on television a show from Canada too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Stranger: I LOVED the Kids in the Hall; absolutely hilarious! And yes, YCDTOT was also Canadian. Another funny Canadian comedian is Shaun Majumder. He kills me.

    Here's a link about him talking about misconceptions that Americans have about Canadians http://youtu.be/-c_9ZWQWass

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails