Wednesday, March 16, 2011

ting-sha bliss

A special moment of release
a favourite one
of my month
when
everything
dis ahhh peers,
but the music

tones fill me up
beat in my heart
(when I cannot)
tender emotions
raise hairs, just as they 
let unseen 
energies slip away
like water scrubbing
the earth of my soul

energy unblocked
I am left limp
dazed in the beauty
of  this sound,
this moment

It happens every time
and yet I marvel
that there are hard niches
that can still release their hold
with our passion's beat
passion's
beat, beat, beat
pounding 
all those pains,
strains with refrains

I am left
clean
pure
white with whimsy's
touch

this smile born 
of God's release;
my penance
beaten on a drum
and given wings on
the tones of 
that ting-
sha 
bliss


I have been gone and super-busy the last week, but
found inspiration for a little free-verse
for my friends at One Shot Wednesday
via my monthly drum circle

14 comments:

  1. smokin'....got a great beat...i want to hear it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the word play and the capturing of sound that drives many lines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. If I could figure out a program to record readings, maybe you will get one, one day brian. I suppose that you would be the person to ask this Adam, as I know you often have spoken words on your blog.

    And as for my poem, while I capture some of the experience, I still feel that the ethereal quality that fills me up and the physical release that I feel are still not given their due. I love my circles though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BRA-VA Katherine!

    This poem is freakin' awesome! Definitely ting-sha bliss!

    And I LOVE the word play!

    "everything
    dis ahhh peers,
    but the music'

    HA! That's faaaaaaabulous!

    Such a talented lady you are!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. So stirring, Katherine. I can feel your pleasure seeping through your words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear KKrige
    Its so playfully musical. I liked the way you have used words to convey your thoughts with sound... Thanks for sharing such a lovely verse...

    ॐ शांति ॐ
    Om Shanti Om
    May peace be… pray for People of Japan
    ________
    http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com/2011/03/whispers-love-and-insignificance.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. (jumps to feet applauding...)
    Bravissimo!

    Absolutely beautiful Katherine!



    Hear hear Shashi!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet! I could feel it. Thanks for sharing your gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! You caught me with the "dis ahhh peers" and I kept riding the rhythm and the sound all the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Ron: I kind of liked that line myself, my man. Cheers to you! Happy St Paddy's Day.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Talon: Aw, thanks Talon. It is a pretty powerful evening for me.

    @Shashi: Thank you for coming and visiting Shashi. Your words always give me smile. And it looks like you have a fan with Possum too!

    @Possum: I take my bow Possum...
    grazie

    ReplyDelete
  12. @mattzav: Groove with me mattzav. I am glad I touched you

    @Mijayami: A popular line 'twould seem. I am glad you got to rumba with me. One day perhaps we can jam out together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the beat and feel of this. Do you know Langston Hughes' "Weary Blues"?

    ReplyDelete
  14. @mairmusic: Hi Marilynn. I just pulled up a video on you tube and loved it. Thanks for pointing it out.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails