Friday, September 2, 2011

In Tandem #8 - Looking in the Mirror

by Natasha Head @ The Tashtoo Parlour
Some days
I cannot look myself in 
the eye...

Thoughts swirling,
whirling
in chaotic reds, 
and
burnt orange memories
smelling of
yesterday's mistakes

No amount of tears
can wash away 
this jaded gray,
as blue drops
splatter across a 
face that refuses to 
own itself

deep
in that orb
of innocent eye
I see me
curled on the floor.
blink
& I'm gone...

~

Thank you to Jinksy riding the Tandem this week for a little inspiration.
I saw a lot of hurt in Natasha's picture
and it reminded me of some painful days of my own
in days gone by...

If you are interested in checking out more poems and stories from the photo prompts
go check out In Tandem and choose between the two pics. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Ouch! Painful! Perhaps you need to go back and study the other picture now, to find a little peace? The juxtaposition was done on purpose...☼
    Thanks for pedalling the Tandem again. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. whew...that last stanza in particular is hard...great write though...and cool it is by tash...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails