Thursday, November 22, 2012

People in the Blogosphere

Well,
I just finished checking out a few blogs.
These blogs were written by people who 'liked' a post that I wrote for a client.
"Cool," I thought. "Let's check out their blogs!"
Until I popped open said blogs
and came across 3 seriously weird sites
  1. A numerology, Church of Christ blog that was somehow trying to predict/prove the existence of God & the blights that he is raining down upon us for our awful transgressions via the manipulation of numbers - Spooky? I think not
  2. A single and very grumpy woman who pretty much hates everything from cleaning, to men, to it almost sounds like herself - with lots of clandestine, pig-Latin swearing for shits & giggles
  3. Another nihilist-style blogger making lists of lots of bad things that have happened in the world that speak of our eternal damnation - or something like that
Well then.
Not nearly as cool as I thought on first glance.
Hmm,
I wrote about Christmas and Open Houses
and some generally pretty cheery stuff today

yes, well...

All I have to say is
The Blogosphere is an interesting place.
Long live bloggers!

Is This Guy One of the Bloggers That Perused my Blog
and Liked It?

8 comments:

  1. um, i thought we talked about using pictures of me without my consent....smiles...

    hope you are well...and yeah, there are some interesting characters out there...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Brian: There are so many fabulous writers and poets that I have come across, but then you turn the page, if you will, and meet a whole new breed of people. I guess it takes all kinds, right?

      BTW, looking good B! ;)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. @PattiKen: The picture of the guy or the random bloggers out there? BOTH!

      Delete
  3. Ha. Yes, there are odd folks. I had one person obsessing on my younger son's "outie" belly button, emailing and asking me to send pictures, even. Yeah, like THAT would ever happen.

    I think that there are just as many weird people in the world as ever, but the internet gives folks a way to act on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Me: Yeah, definitely Not one of the perks of living in a wired world. Oh well, gives us something interesting to talk about then I guess doesn't it.

      And R has a weird belly button too that looks like a smiley face. Not going to send YOUR friend a picture of that either. :P

      Delete
  4. Cranky weird people obviously have good taste if they're liking what you're writing. No one says you have to like what they write in return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Stranger: True that my friend. The liking them in return thing. A polite nod, and off I go!

      Delete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails