Friday, January 18, 2013

The Wine Glass

words on the page
time to get them down...

f i s h
swimming downstream
in my gullet
with a magic bullet
of lemon pepper sansal,
coriander sprigs
and of course fresh lemon 
circling round 
these taste buds of mine
with a glass of wine
the only kind;
white...

now fire bright
as I read by its light
before chasing my children
and their paper minions -
groundhogs 
marked by kid's claws
I only say, because of ruined sofas
not forgotten in day's past skirmishes

Yet those groundhogs with kids in tow
tomorrow will surely show
that delightful smiles they still sow
on faces broad, mine & those
of grandparents that bestow
love through the ages; it forever goes

now back to my book
and my warm nook
with dinner forgotten
and drink transporting 
this idle lass
to Russia's morass
during Catherine's governance
perhaps with a topped up wine glass...

Image Source RGBstock.com; courtesy melodi2




6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful read, Katherine!

    Love the seasoning you described on the fish. OMG...I bet it tasted great with that white wine!

    Enjoy your evening and weekend, my friend!

    Cheers.....X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Ron: It was Ron. Rainbow Trout caught by my dearest and seasoned to perfection. It was a lovely quiet evening, that morphed into a visit with the grandparents today.

      Hope you have a lovely weekend yourself!

      Delete
  2. enjoy your wine and words...paper groundhogs? that is a new one on me...kids are fun though...we had snow! so we sledded and boarded all morning...smiles...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Brian: Step 1 - grab a paper bag
      Step 2 - add markers & a healthy dose of imagination, along with lessons about groundhogs at school
      Step 3 - Sit back and enjoy a groundhog play from behind the couch...

      Enjoy!! ;)

      PS. we are minus all snow, so outdoor fun is limited. Enjoy yours!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. @Stranger: Thanks :) Took my cue from a site that suggested to just WRITE! Once the words start, the hope is that they flow. Seemed to work

      Thanks for stopping by my poet friend
      hugs

      Delete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails