Friday, September 7, 2012

Ode to Summer

As much as January is a time of rebirth and renewal, September isn't far behind it. Children return to school. Summer holidays cease and routines begin again. Reality seems to come crashing down with the gentle waves of time with it. Sigh...

It is time though. I am ready. I am going to try to renew some writing here, even as other changes transform the rest of my world. It has been too long and I miss this creative space. On that note, I will toss a little ode to summer poem into the ring for my friend G-Man's perusal and see if he will take me back into the Flash Friday ring.

Have a great weekend, my friends!


~
I skipped through summer,
like a school girl without care.
Lazy days by the water,
only to be thrown in unawares.
Idle books dangled
with pages flipped, like none were there.
Mealtimes;
Whenever…
Bedtime;
Who cares!
But September stole in,
now Responsibility -
everywhere!
So I’ll write those memories
to keep close
as winter glares.


Goodbye summer river!

6 comments:

  1. smiles.....good to keep them so they can still warm your heart once the weather hits....nah, thats all the more reason to make more memories...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Brain: True that Brian. Best to make heat in other ways, yes! ;)

      Delete
  2. I've always liked September. It does feel like a beginning. There's an energy... I was about to say there's an energy in the air, but maybe it's just in me. I think it harks back to the beginning of school. It sounds like you've got that vestigial energy in you too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @PattiKen: I have had a resurgence of energy Patti. I am back to sitting at the desk and enjoying the writing process. It is creeping up in a few different places and I hope to have that energy continue.

      Hope you are well.
      Hugs

      Delete
  3. So great to see that you posted, Katherine. You've been missed.

    I have so enjoyed this summer, which is very unusual for me. But I am so glad that fall is coming. I feel ready for it.

    I've noticed throughout these past summer months, that many bloggers cut back on their posting. I think this summer for many was spent doing other things with family and friends, and just enjoying the summer. Usually during the fall and winter months (because people are indoors more), people seem to blog more.

    Anyway, lovely poem, my friend. As usual. I look forward your writing.

    Have a wonderful weekend....X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Ron: Even though I haven't been around much, when I was I too noticed that the Blogosphere was rather quiet. I am sure you are spot on with your assumptions too. As mentioned, I am going to try to post here more regularly, but am slave to that inspiration wave as well.

      Peace to you my friend
      xo

      Delete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails