Saturday, August 6, 2011

Saturday's Email of the Week: Thoughtfulness

Saturday's Email of the Week
I am feeling a far cry better this week than I was last Saturday. Hoo boy, but that strep infection knocked me on my behind in a big way. Very nasty stuff, and no I do not have the pleasure to have picked it up by sucking face with some poor slob that would pass me those kinds of cooties. Many of you kind people did inquire nicely as to my health too, and for that I thank you. On Monday, I couldn't lift a case of pop. Tuesday, my brain was still firing on only half its cylinders (making writing for a living pretty painful!), but by the end of the week it was coming back to me. Well, I guess you can be the judge of my mental state though. What say you?

Ok, who asked you anyway!!

So one of the lovely people that tried to cheer me up was Penny, from over at Alias Jinksy. Last week, I shared a joke about the heat in Texas (or insert whatever hot place you might call home). She responded by sharing this beautiful picture that she crafted in my email inbox. I was touched and love this beautiful rainy day scene. You made my day with a gift of thoughtfulness Penny!


I also got a video from my trusty source Bill that made me laugh out loud. He is always so thoughtful to fill my inbox with a vast array of emails to peruse. Well, this week I have needed the laughs so... After feeling like everything coming out of my mouth was dumb, dumb and dumber, this was right up my alley. Oi Vey, but my brain got lost in the slow shuffle! While this doesn't improve my brain functioning, a little laughter doesn't hurt either. 

And just to let you know, I won't be responding to any comments until later this evening or tomorrow, as the girls and I went to their father's aunt's trailer for a visit. Just a short road trip, but overnight this year! Yippee, off to Ipperwash!

4 comments:

  1. glad you are surrounded but such cool people...jinksy in particular...she is a good soul...smiles. enjoy your trip today...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are feeling better, Kat. No wonder. After watching that video, I feel better too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Brian: Thank you Brian. We had a lovely time, although I still found myself dragging butt a little. Hard not to though, when I was racing after the girls to the pool, down the water slide, at the splash pad & even the beach! We topped the weekend getaway off with a stop at a friend's house en route and gladly received an impromptu meal. Simple, but always nice to visit with friends. It was difficult pointing the van homeward bound at the end of it all though. Slept well that night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @PattiKen: He was pretty funny, wasn't he. For the longest time I just deleted all the jokes in my inbox (practically spam!) But I am finding a new love for them here. Can't beat getting a giggle and guffaw to improve the spirits! :-}

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails