Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The End of the (OSW) Year

A Christmas Poem

naw

hmmmm...


what then?
haiku for you
to read, analyze, and rate
against doting peers

well,
that doesn't thrill me
although it fits

cinquain
brave, artless
rhyming, scheming, plodding
this isn't going anywhere
poetry

Lord, this is the last OneShot for the year!
Pressures on...
here we go.


...
.....
The Christmas goose
and Christmas gander
just set loose
for a little wander
where to? they wonder
as their route around
they did ponder
with trailing fox none too confound
A stop upon a little mound
helped the straggler
to make up ground
and sneak in a littler nearer
Feathers flying to the sky high
alas the fox is left with nigh Christmas chicken pie.

Oh, feckless words!
what sonnet is this?
that tries my brain
and poetic nerves
with none a thought
you do deserve
the trash heap abyss
no more to strain
a pen's sweet curves
Ai- just flow is sought
but for today, I will away
and grace One Shot Wednesday with A New Day

13 comments:

  1. Ha! I enjoyed this! When in doubt, write about not being able to write. That's a format that has served me well MANY a time. :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. smiles. i understand this completely...my muse is on life support this week with everything going on...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt I was in a centrifuge of forms turning through your thoughts as you churn to the end of the year. Is it form, is it matter, does it matter? Well written and have a wonderful holiday and happy new year! Gay @beachanny

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Me: I came. I tried. I wrote (I failed? Nah, it rhymed still) Hugs C!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Brian: quick stat! give this crew some spiked punch!! I guess we all need a good dose of "I think I can, I think I can..."

    Merry Ho-ho Brian & hope you got yor shopping done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Beachanny: Churn is right Gay. And you are right; does it really matter? The end of the year is in sight. What shall the new year bring? Happy New Year to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I can't think of anything to write about, I do seem to find myself writing about writing........hmmm, seems many of us do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes, was fresh out of ideas. Often I can find an image in my head and run with it, but I guess sometimes you just need to walk away from any vestiges of "perfection". Thanks for popping by anyway Neva. merry hoho!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i can think of no better gift to a writer/poet than the discovery of flow and the overcoming of poetic nerves. I would be very happy if Santa gifts me that! lol Despite the claim that your muse may have begun Christmas break early, I found your post very creative. All the best for the holidays, Katherine :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks dustus! Merry Christmas to you. And if Santa brings something like that to you, do you think you could suggest he sprinkle a little of that down my chimney too? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i thought this was fun...and if you have lost your muse then you are in for some fun times when it returns....although must admit..sometimes i just stare and stare and cant find it coming...felt like that last week...but this week its flowed back...thanks for all your support have a great christmas...pete

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw Pete, you are too kind :) I must thank you and all the One Shot crew for all that you do. You guys are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ha - I feel like I'm chasing the goose

    thanks for the last for this time around at OSW

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails